“Good room, good service, good for pets”

Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites St. George
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good room, good service, good for pets”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I am always trying different pet friendly hotels in St. George, as I go there at least three times a year. The challenge is to find a nice place that isn't too expensive. The Crystal Inn is the best one I've stayed in so far. The room price was okay ($70ish), pet fee was fair ($25 for the stay) and I don't believe there was any discrimination as to the room I was given, though I could be wrong.

The room was large, though the bathroom was not very big. But at least the shower had one of those bowed shower rods. I like that a lot. There was also a flat screen t.v. with access to HD channels. I hate showing up to a hotel and finding a small, old-school t.v. from the 1980's.

There was a nice pool area, though I didn't use it. The free breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, sausages, and potatoes. You could also have oatmeal, waffles and cold cereal. Add to that some juices, milk and coffee. I've had worse free breakfasts, but I've had better.

The staff were generally nice and pleasant and seemed to understand what good customer service entails. I work in the hospitality industry, so it is obvious to me when workers haven't a clue.

We needed a late checkout on our last day past the 1:00 p.m. free late checkout time. We needed to leave at 3:00. They were understanding and said that it would normally be $40, but would only charge me $20. I felt that was fair.

I feel that as long as I can get a decent rate on the room, then I will come back and stay at the Crystal Inn. I was very pleased with my stay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mauiwolf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
Montrose, Colorado
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Our family reunion was in St George June 21-23. We could not have picked a better place, the facility, employees and service were outstanding. We worked with Mike Saindon Director of Sales who was extremely helpful in staging our event. The courtyard with pool is beautiful and we had a meeting room that opened into the courtyard which allowed the family to meet and play games while keeping an eye on the kids and have a catered banquet.
No request was too small and all the employees helped with our request. I highly recommend this wonderful Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that opens into the courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank PeteFeddersen
crystalstar9, General Manager at Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites St. George, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We enjoyed having your family stay at our hotel. Your family was a delight. We hope to see you next year!!
South Jordan, Utah
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This hotel was great!!!! Very clean, the rooms were very nice and clean, the pool was awesome and very clean. The breakfast was delicious Hot eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, fruit, yogurt, waffles... you name it!!! They were very nice and accommodating. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are great for going back and forth to the pool.
Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Karen P
san diego, ca.
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This is our second time staying at this particular Crystal Inn and it was even better than last time. Seems they have updated and remodeled the rooms. Our room appeared to have new carpet and the bathroom looked like it had new everything in it! The room was very very clean. The lighting is excellent and the room has many outlets to charge all our electronics etc. With the area not having sundown until 9 pm or so, it is so nice to have the black out curtains to get a good nights sleep, especially if you're leaving early in the AM. Our room was very quiet and as I said last year, having the sliding door right out to your car is nice to unload and load suitcases. The price for the two of us, again was fantastic! (89.20) The only suggestion I would have to the hotel is to start the "hot" breakfast at 6 AM on Saturday and Sunday, as they do Monday through Friday. They start it at 7 on the weekends, so we had to miss it this year, as we left on a Saturday before the 7 AM serving. I remember from last year, that they breakfast was very tasty. So I do highly recommend the Crystal Inn in St. George Utah. We would love to stay there more than one night! The staff is very efficient and friendly also.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the freeway are generally the quietest. All on the bottom floor have the slidin...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gvaeva
Herriman, Utah
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Upon check- in we realized that our room had not been vacuumed in forever, the dresser was dusty and filthy. But it was one o'clock in the morning and we wanted to just go to bed. We brought the issue up the next morning, but nothing was done about it. Breakfast the first day was fine. The second morning was unsatisfactory. There were no forks, no milk, no waffle batter, the list goes on and on. We again talked to the front desk and it took awhile before it was taken care of. The hallways need to be vacuumed as well. The pool was the only nice part of this place. Our first experience with Crystal Inn and it wasn't a good one. If management does not take pride in their hotel.... No one does.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
crystalstar9, General Manager at Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites St. George, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry for your experience at our hotel. Cleanliness is something our hotel takes very seriously so I appreciate your concerns. I spoke with my staff regarding your comments. As seen in other reviews, this is an atypical experience for guests to have in our hotel. Our daily mission is to delight every guest, every day, one at a time. I appreciate your comments about our pool and courtyard area. It is a beautiful and relaxing aspect of our hotel. I would like to speak with you further about your stay, and ask if there is a potential opportunity to delight you during a future stay in St. George.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This hotel was surprisingly a great choice to stay at! The front desk staff was very friendly, cracking jokes and helping us with everything we needed. The rooms were nice and very clean, it did get a little chilly though, which was bad because the heater wasn't working. The pool was an average, somewhat small pool but it definitely was a lot of fun to swim in and everyone enjoyed playing in it. Breakfast was great, there was a big selection of food that all tasted great. Overall, I would say this is a great choice if you are looking for a place to stay in St. George.

Room Tip: Make sure to get to breakfast before everything good is gone!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Savannah S
Middleville, Michigan
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed 2 nights while we visited Zion National Park. It was about a 45 minute drive from park. Room was clean . Pool and spa area is beautiful. Breakfast was pretty good but a little cold. Front desk wre very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple