“Very nice place to stay and to make trips from”

Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites St. George
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Hellevoetsluis, The Netherlands
“Very nice place to stay and to make trips from”
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I stayed here waiting for my mountainbike trip to start. It a nice place to relax and you can make nice daytrips to Pine Valley or Zion Nat. Park. St George is a quiet town with nice people. It even has a couple small outletshops.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
crystalstar9, Director of Sales at Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites St. George, responded to this review, 3 January 2011
Thank you for the kind remarks. I agree we have a fanastic location if you are planning day excursions around St. George -- very easy on and off the highway. We hope to see you again soon on future adventures.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 24 September 2010

This was the worst hotel experience ever. The interior hallway carpet was soaked; something was dripping on my head from above as i walked down the hall to find the ice machine (which was broken). The room was depressing, and the hotel clerk wasn't helpful. He said there was broken plumbing somewhere in the wing that we stayed in, causing flooding. We were too tired after driving all day to do anything about it or even to ask for a room in a different area of the hotel. I would never stay there again or recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Las Vegas
Reviewed 15 August 2010

My husband and I stayed here recently, and it was a very nice hotel. The staff is helpful, the breakfast is a nice touch. However, as someone once said, "it's the little details that count," and the Crystal Inn needs to change a couple of things. First, there were only two bath towels in the room. Most women use two towels themselves (one for hair, one for body), and this is the only hotel I've stayed in (and I travel quite a bit) that didn't have at least 3-4 bath towels and 3 washcloths in each room. Plus, we were told they leave the basketball and tennis courts open 24 hours, and on this particular night, there were teens playing basketball at midnight (and later), yelling and laughing, so while I was trying to sleep I kept hearing - bam, bam, bam - every time they slammed the ball on the court. Constantly. I can't even imagine what it would have sounded like if they had been out there playing tennis. My suggestion to the hotel: close the courts at 10pm just like the pool. Some guests are light sleepers and need to get up early the next day. I would recommend this hotel to others; but I would also tell them about the noise from the courts first and let them make their own decision.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

This hotel is average and remodeled from another chain. The staff is friendly and helpful and I call ahead on my phone to get a reservation at just hours before I arrive. The sleep is noisy if you don't run your a/c all night as hallways have families up and down and slamming doors. The a/c is hard to adjust so you are not too cold or too warm. The pillows were flat, but the beds were comfortable and the breakfast is the best part. The bathrooms are old and dated and all in one room. Some of the ceilings show signs of mold. The restaurant is open only for the complementary full breakfast. The breakfast has hot fresh eggs, hash browns, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereal, mixed fruit, and coffee and juices. Makes the stay even better. The price is good even on Saturday nights as we stayed there in May and July on a Saturday night.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
crystalstar9, Director of Sales at Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites St. George, responded to this review, 9 August 2010
Thank you for choosing Crystal Inn. We hope you will come and stay with us again in the future.
colorado
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I stayed one night here while on a road trip from Colorado to California. What a great place! Very clean, nicely furnished, large room (although I was by myself, they only had a room with two queen bed, so that' what I got. Even if I had had other travelers with me, this was a very comfortably sized room), bed was very comfortable as well as the pillows, nice sized refrigerator, nice complimentaries (organic scented soap, etc.), nicely landscaped pool area with lighted whirlpool (felt terrific after a long drive!), interior hallways, etc. I got a room on the first floor. It had an exterior door, sliding glass, that faced the parking lot. I was able to park right by my door, so easy to unload/load the car. There was a bar that could be dropped across the door to the lock, for added security. Felt very safe. They have a lot of rooms that face the pool courtyard, which would be really nice if available, so be sure to ask! No hotel is perfect (a small few stains on the carpet if you looked close, and that kind of thing, but very minor stuff IMO), but this one was close. Their price was very reasonable as well, and the staff was very friendly and helpful - I had planned on booking this through hotels.com (as that's where I found their info), but ended up calling instead right as I got into St. George and they matched the online price. Breakfast was nice, with hot as well as cold foods. I'd love to take this hotel with me where ever I go!!

I read the one reviewers experience this month while traveling with their dog. I was surprised to read of their complaints, as mine was totally to the contrary.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Based on the previous reviews we thought it would be a better experience. Our beds were as hard as a rock, our coffee pot in the room was dirty and the overall condition of the room made us question when it was cleaned. I don't know if the others rooms are better and we ended up having this experience because we travel with a dog or if we just had bad luck.

• Stayed July 2010
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Before I booked my reservation I reviewed this website and others to determine determine the best hotel at a decent price. All the others in the area " seemed " to have had *horrible* reviews besides this one. And I cannot speak for the others but my experience here was fantastic. They have a quiet room, very comfortable beds with a VERY effective air conditioner ( before I adjusted the setting it was cold in our room on a day where the temperature bordered 100 ). The room was clean, quiet, the staff was friendly and helpful. It's in the vacinity of several restaurants ( pancho and left's is good Mexican resturant with good margarita's ). They had several amenities I didn't take advantage of like a hot tub, a pool, a workout room, ect . . .
They breakfast was "very good". The coffee was good, you can make your own homemade waffles complete with a waffle iron ( the batter was pre-mixed for us ).
I am on this trip for a rare occassion ( death in the family ) but if I had reason to cross the side of town again I *ABSOLUTELY* would make a point to stay here again, especially considering the reviews I read regarding the other cheaper hotel's in the same neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family