“would probably choose a different hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Salina
Arkansas
“would probably choose a different hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2009

the room was small and questionably clean. The walls are not well insulated so that noise from adjacent rooms and the hallway was very noticable. the breakfast food was not the freshest; the jelly packets were dried up, even at that it was a very light continental breakfast. the staff only came out when you rang the bell.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
hh1008, Owner at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest
We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us at the Rodeway Inn Salina . We appreciate your compliments and definitely invite you back to stay with us again. We're growing on a daily basis trying to bring our guests not only the most comfortable stay on their trip but to have the friendliest staff and the best of accommodations. Again, thanks so much for your review and keep us in mind on your next trip to Utah. We're always running specials and special packages. Contact us direct and ask us what we can design for you in the way of a special package.
Ishwar Chaudhari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Idaho Falls, ID
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2008

My husband stayed at this hotel for about 2 weeks. Halfway through the stay, he started having red spots appear. One morning he awoke to a bedbug on his face. He compared it to a photo for a positive ID and then killed it. He has over 128 bites on his body. All of this went down after my daughter and I stayed there for one night and approximately one week later we both had bites on our body. My doctor told me that bite marks can appear up to two weeks of the initial bite. We were shocked! To their credit, the hotel staff immediately relocated my husband to a different room after he showed them the evidence, but it was already too late. He is still in a ton of pain and now we are dealing with a two year covered in bites, which has been challenging. I can’t even express the toll that sleepless nights have taken on me since our stay there because of fear that I accidentally transported them back to our house.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank katieeb
hh1008, Owner at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
My name is Ishwar Chaudhari and I am the General Manager of Rode way inn Salina. We sincerely apologies for our Guest for inconvient stay in our property, But even though we will sincerely take this complain and apologize for the guest.

Travellers are raving about these Salina hotels

USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2007

the rooms are better than many,especially Budget Inns
like the one in Rangely Colorado which was truly disgusting.
this Rodeway is ok and doesnt reek of sick perfume like
some. I know. 340 nights a year in motels. for 41 bucks
not bad at all.

• Disliked — clean up the god damn outside.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
hh1008, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Washington DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2006

Just completed the South West Grand Circle area and stayed in about 8 hotels over the course of 9 days. This was by far the worst hotel (in fact all the other hotels were great). When we walked into Rodeway Salina there were kids toys scattered over the foyer area. Behind the desk was a complete shambles and you could see into the owner/managers living quarters and it was also a mess. It seemed like a family business and they attended the reception desk in what looked like their pyjamas or a very very tired/grubby looking sweatsuit. The blanket on the bed looked like it came off the back of a horse, the coffee in the dining area was cold, and when we asked for an iron we were told a categorical "no". The foyer carpets also had mud caked on them. Having said all that, the rooms were OK but a little musty. Nothing special and they seemed relatively clean, but overall the service here left alot to be desired. i think there are other better options in salina that would probably be just as inexpensive. Don't stay here unless you are desperate.

• Liked — location was ok
  • Disliked — poor service
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here unless you have to.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Annette39
utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2006

I have never seen such a dirty place. At first when I walked in the room it did not look so bad but then I walked in the bathroom and there was still hair on the shower wall and dirt all over the floor and urine around the toilet, garbage heaping over the garbage cans in the back by the door outside. Futhermore it was supposed to be a nonsmoking hotel and it reeked of cigarette smoke. Everyone including the management and the maids were outside the doors smoking. I thought that they were supposed to be at least 20 feet away from the building. Also sitting inside the hot tub I thought that was the one clean place and then I looked at the top of the hot tub and it was pure black, so much for the only clean place. I would rather sleep in my car before I stayed there again.

• Liked — i hated it
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay there
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank spoiltrtn
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2006

The name Luxury Inn is a bit of an overstatement, but for this area of rural Utah, this is a nice place to stay. If you are traveling east, it's 110 miles to Green River and I doubt there is any place better there!

The place is very clean. The rooms are small but adequate with reasonably comfortable king-size beds. Extras include an indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna and a decent continental breakfast including fresh-made waffles. There is also coffee, capuchino, hot chocolate and fruit available all the time. A room for two was $49.00 on 4/30/06.

4 Thank ribower
hh1008, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Ishwar Chaudhari
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salina
Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richfield
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 13 in Richfield

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!