“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We often stay at the hotel next door but decided to try EconoLodge because the price was significantly less to drive only 1/4 of a mile. In fact it worked out better as it was more peaceful, quite and away from highway traffic and truck noise.
Memorial day weekend price was slightly above than their normal rate, but hey it's busy weekend. I saw later they were full and had to say sorry to three walk ins.

We were pleasantly surprised, the room we had was very comparable to the Best Western Plus/Holiday Inn, but for about more than 50$ less than what you pay. Very clean room and the King size bed was comfortable. Speaking with Front staff came to know that that is choice hotels latest bedding program.

Front desk clerk was accommodating and friendly, something we first felt like we may not get at the next door hotel. He had some accent though.

The breakfast was excellent, they had a three hot items, we liked their coffee , not typical hotel coffee, though it was not star bucks :)

Overall Great Job ! and we will stay there again.

Room Tip: I have no tip in particular, but well try this out. book in advance to get good rooms.
Green Features: they care, they had flyers all over the room to preserve energy advising us on how we can help.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matt F
Grag P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70, responded to this review, 29 May 2014

GM
Econo Lodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bologna, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Nothing too bad to say, but we didn't feel too comfortable considering how much we paid for one night.
This is clearly an old Best Western without re-modernation, showers and wc still have a timer dial that turns off an extremely low efficiency light in the middle of your shower or other needs. I had to turn the dial 3 times while my girlfriend was washing her hair. Why not change that to a high efficiency light like other motels?
Also, bed sheets are not of the right size. Not a big deal, but again we paid a bit too much for this.

Good continental breakfast, clean rooms and nice TV program offer.

Odd reception when we came in, they asked for my driver's licence to have an address instead of having me writing the usual paper form. Even more odd, the receptionist asked me to spell "Italy" because my driver's license said "Italia" and couldn't find it in the system. Ok, I don't pretend Italy to be famous, but the first 4 letters are the same in both alphabeths and the receptionist was a bit rude in most of his requests.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Micascisto
Grag P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70, responded to this review, 27 May 2014

Stockport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had to stop here after a puncture ended our plans to travel further towards Moab and The Arches National parks. A little odd at reception asking for ID when we had shown a passport, something about no address on it? ( does any passport?). Room were spacious and clean if very dated, dark wood and ancient bedspreads, the sheets were clean but obviously well used. Mattress and pillow check showed very clean. Excellent shower and facilities, good power points, hair dryer etc. Got a great rate and happy with stay.
I marked down as the dated feel made me feel it was 'grubby' when it really is not.
Only place to walk to eat nearby is a Denny's and a Mexican, just off the main road so don't expect pretty. Good views of the mountains at the back

Room Tip: Ask to be at the back as main road at the front
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sooz0702
Grag P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70, responded to this review, 12 May 2014

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

The room was clean with all facilities (fridge, microwave, tv with HBO and ESPN, iron, hairdryer)
Rooms are spacious and bathroom is clean.
We had a very good welcome, staff is friendly and they always said us to solicit them if we need help for something. They also have good advice for what to do in the area.
Breakfast was good with a lot of choice.
If we come back to Salina, we will stay again at the Econo lodge.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Timo C
Grag P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70, responded to this review, 5 May 2014

Grag
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

It's like stepping in to a time warp with dial light switches, vintage phones, green almost-shagpile-carpet and authentic 60's scent! Bit noisy next to the motorway but worth what you pay. Clean enough & tidy enough for one night, probably no more.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ljae123
Grag P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70, responded to this review, 29 April 2014

Preston, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is a little older Motel, but very clean. Manager was very friendly and helpful.Breakfast was good,even though we came late.Room had a refrigerator and a microwave. Beautiful red mountain to the west .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Steven B C
Grag P, Manager at Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Steven,

Good to hear that you liked beautiful red mountain view from the hotel and friendly service from our staff.

Grag GM
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Everything just went all right. Friendly staff, however the most thing that I liked wasbreakfast.I expected continental breakfast however it is a full hot breakfast with waffles/Eggs. I expected clean rooms reading from other reviews and it was as per expectation .

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank KrishnaMurali
Grag P, Manager at Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Krishna,

435-529-7455
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salina
Quality Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richfield
BEST WESTERN Richfield Inn
BEST WESTERN Richfield Inn
#7 of 13 in Richfield

Been to Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70? Share your experiences!