“Hotel management”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Incredible, great service from Troy, the hotel manager and the entire staff. I am there twice a month for business and always get great service. I enjoy the breakfast buffet every morning. Taylor and Amanda at the front desk are always accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Steven B
H0lidayInnGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for all the positive comments about the staff at our hotel. I will make sure the staff is aware of the comments. We hope to see you again soon when you are in the Sandy area. If there is anything we can do to make your stay even better, please let us know.

GM

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We loved our stay at the Holiday Inn. The beds were so comfortable and yummy. It's too bad I had to get up so early and leave to take my son to interviews. Our room was very quiet. It's nice having breakfast waiting for you when you get up. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and friendly. This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel. The first was for a wedding. When we move our son to Utah for his new job, we plan on staying here again. Thank you for a great experience.

Room Tip: The top floor tends to be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cindy C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words on your review and look forward to your next visit.

Thanks so much.

Cindy Cowley - DOS

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Bathrooms have room for improvement. No room on bathroom vanity to set a shaving kit or other bathroom necessities. The builder had adequate room to install a normal size sink and vanity. Poor use of space. Bed was comfortable but room was small compared to other places I have stayed for comparable price.

• Stayed: April 2014
Cindy C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Austin,
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feed back. I am so sorry that you didn't have the space you needed in the bathroom and bedroom. It sounds like you may have had one of our standard ADA rooms with a smaller sink. I would love for you to give us another try sometime and have you stay in our executive suite. Please contact me for your next future reservation and I will set it up for you. Thanks again. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Passing through on our way to SLC & stayed at this HIE in Sandy. Front desk was nice (she even called our room later to see if we needed anything & asked how the room was) & she acknowledged our membership without us asking.

Room was clean, bed was very comfortable, carpet was nice & clean (pet peeve of mine), hotel was less than 10 minutes off the freeway.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ralph G
Cindy C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sandy, Utah. We certainly appreciate you making the effort to let others know about your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the South Salt Lake/Sandy area.

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

It's a nice property with clean rooms and comfortable beds. The only complaint I have is, it seems the walls are very thin and I could hear the guy next door snoring all night. Needless to say he slept but I didn't. I have stayed here severAl times and have the same issues every time. I enjoy the HIE stay because they're typically clean and well kept. So I suppose I will bring ear plugs from now on.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Cindy C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Brett,
Thank you so much for your review. I apologize that you were unable to get your much deserved sleep. I will look into this matter with my General Manager. Thanks again and we look forward to visiting with you the next time you are in the Sandy, UT area.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I would love to come back to this hotel.......... The front desk was so helpful and the rooms are clean....... The indoor pool was nice the temp of the pool was the right temp..........when i go back to sandy UT I will be spending my nights their.....

• Stayed: March 2014
Cindy C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you so much for your fantastic review with a 5 star rating. We really appreciate you taking the time to put in a review for us. We enjoy having you as our guest and look forward to your return.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have been a platinum member for more than 12 years and recognize the value of staying at many of the IHG branded hotels. In fact, I would rather stay at a HI-Express than at the Intercontinental or Crown Plaza where they charge for everything little thing including $20 pp breakfast and $15 internet fee; all of which is free at the HI-Express. Once you get past the grand lobbies, the rooms are very much the same. We just spent 8 days in SLC visiting family and skiing several different resorts, including Park City. This is the second time we stayed at this hotel. Like so many of the other reviewers, we found the location of the hotel excellent, lots of restaurants near by (many within walking distance), a major mall across the street, very close to the skiing slopes (easy and beautiful drive), and quick access to the interstate. I contacted the GM prior to our visit with some special room requests (I booked 2 rooms). He replied and his staff followed through. Everyone was helpful, friendly and responsive; including the maintenance man who greeted me several times during the week. I noticed many of the improvements as promised by the GM in previous reviews including the morning food service. We had one minor situation with our maid service on day 4 & 5 but they addressed the issue and apologized. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay at the HI-Express Sandy Utah. (Oh yeah....they have a great view of the snow capped mountains)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Cindy C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

We are so please that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are always looking for new ways to even improve it more! Thank you again for the nice comments and we hope to see you again!