“POOR MANAGEMENT” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Brea, California
“POOR MANAGEMENT”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have stayed here many times and everything was GREAT. This time under new management we found the facility DIRTY, NOTHING in the kitchen was clean or working except the refrigerator with the coldness lowered to below normal. Hall carpets are FILTHY and no one cares about cleaning up spills for days in the lobby and outside the building. Stayed for 6 nights and the same leaves were there the whole time. I'm looking for another place in the area like Extended Stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamela B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you found hallway carpets in bad condition and your room cleanliness wasn't up to expectations. To uphold our company's high standards, we are implementing manager's room check before each guest checks in. We are also scheduled for a full renovation this year which will take care of issues of stained carpet.

I really appreciate you bringing these problems to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at ksavelieva@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Idyllwild, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We needed a room between stays at two different time share vacation locations. This hotel filled our needs as to location, and price. It was close to all the amenities that we could use ! If you ever need to stay for a longer stay, I would recommend Extended Stay America !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Loouie - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our location was convenient for your needs. Also, I am happy to hear that your found our rates to be affordable as well.

Galveston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Dirty room upon arrival. Flies had chips. Kitchen was sticky and had crumbs and leftover food. Had to clean bathroom and maid lied about doing the full clean in day 7. Bathroom locks didn't work. Laundry facilities were mostly out of order.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank lighthouseut

Travellers are raving about these Sandy hotels

Pomona, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I absolutely NEVER give a bad review. I was truly disappointed with my stay. Staff was unfriendly. We were never greeted in our 5 night stay. Woke up to cigarette smoke which was a problem for my husband's bronchitis. It didn't feel like a vacation at all more like we had over-stayed our welcome at the in-laws house. I won't return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mia L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Mia - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so disappointed that there was a smoke odor in your room and that my staff did not attend to your needs properly while staying with us. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am coaching the entire team on how to provide better customer service moving forward. As well, our housekeeping staff has eliminated the odor in your room.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sls@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Citrus Heights, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

No pool or hot tub. Bathtub was not clean. Cold water faucet did not work. Looked like older facility, not particularly well maintained. Out of coffee and muffins one morning. Next morning, coffee was full of coffee grounds. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank beccalee1
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We used Priceline and reserved our stay for $32 a night. Our room had kitchenette, queen bed and full bath. Can't beat the price! Located by shopping mall and plenty of restaurants.
We will definitely stay here when we come to Utah to visit family!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank gravediggerbo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay here in Sandy.

Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

We have visited SLC/Sandy five times since August, 2012, to see my very ill mother-in-law; the last four visits, we stayed at Extended Stay America in Sandy, because the prices were reasonable and we could save some money by making our meals in our room, which had a kitchen. Choosing this hotel was definitely the right choice. Stephanie (the manager), Nicole (who blew me away by remembering my name after our first visit), and each of the other staff members treated us like family during each of our visits. With the circumstances of our visits, their friendly faces and expressions of concern for my mother-in-law were much appreciated, and were the reason for our return visits. Our last visit was to attend her funeral, and Stephanie and the rest of the staff were so kind and compassionate. I will miss seeing them.

The rooms: The beds seemed new and comfortable, we had no problems with the fridge, and everything was clean. We didn't like the frying pans that were provided, so on one occasion we just brought one of our own; however, the staff made it clear to us that all we needed to do is call them if we needed any additional kitchen items (we just packed what we needed instead). There were a few minor issues with the kitchen faucet leaking if the handle was not pushed back hard, and the spray from the shower head having a really wide radius, but I wasn't too bothered by these and did not report them to staff. If I had reported these issues, I am sure they would have sent someone up to fix them.

Bottom line: During a very difficult time in our lives, Stephanie and her staff at ESA went above and beyond to make us feel like family, and gave us a home away from home. We will never forget them. There has been some discussion of a family reunion in SLC on the anniversary of my dear mother-in-law's passing; if this happens, we will definitely stay here again. A HUGE "thanks" to Stephanie, Nicole, Vanessa, and all of the staff; you all are awesome.

Room Tip: They have some smoking rooms on the third floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ErinGarcia
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Erin - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our property was comfortable for you and your husband. We wish you and your husband all the best and cannot wait to see you again, hopefully under better circumstances.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, when your travels bring you back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
BEST WESTERN PLUS CottonTree Inn
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City / Sandy
Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy
Sleep Inn South Jordan
Sleep Inn South Jordan
#3 of 4 in South Jordan

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy? Share your experiences!