“One of Courtyard Marriott's Finest”

Courtyard Salt Lake City Sandy
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Orlando, Florida
“One of Courtyard Marriott's Finest”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Hello fellow travelers,

I've stayed at several Marriott Courtyard properties and this one, by far, had the friendliest and most attentive staff - period. I stayed here for just over a week and each day, the staff made me feel very welcome, appreciated - and very much at home. Kudos to everyone at the hotel for their superbe and top-notch service. The next time I come out to Salt Lake City to work in the Draper area, this will always be my hotel of choice! I look forward to my next visit.

Enrico

Room Tip: Room 402 is especially great if you need a nice, comfortable, quiet, smoke-free room from which to w...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 22 January 2013

CYM Sandy is set in a cluster of half-a-dozen branded hotels - the usual suspects, Hampton, Holiday Inn Xp etc. The surrounding area also has half-a dozen small eateries (Iggy's was open quite late on Saturday - see separate review - but most close early on Sunday)
There are also some of the biggest new car lots ever.
It's only 100 yards from a huge mall on the other side of one of the busiest roads in the SLC area so we gave that a miss but would have liked to visit had time been on our side.
CYM is good, efficient, clean and friendly. What else do you need in a short stay hotel?
Yes, the room could have been bigger but a comfy king sized bed, a refrigerator and a sofa was nice.
Nobody had tested the heating system which had two levels, hot or cold - and was situated adjacent to the desk so that made for some discomfort when working- a minor quibble.
The WiFI was inclusive. Big hint to other hotels.
Also the fancy flat TV had a problem - wouldn't change channel. Maintenance was quickly on to it but after each visit when it seemed to work the thing failed as soon as the guy departed.
He came right back and fiddled with a box in the refrigerator cabinet. This happened three times before we figured out that if we left the 'fridge door open everything worked. The more complex the system the more potential for problems.
So if you visit CYM Sandy and the TV won't change channels - open the fridge cabinet.

Room Tip: we managed to get a ground floor near the door at the south end of the hotel and had no noise or par...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Troy, IL
Reviewed 11 January 2013

This is your typical Courtyard. Very clean, super comfortable beds and standard amenities. I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of the lack of complimentary breakfast but again, it is standard for Courtyards to provide a higher quality made to order breakfast at an additional fee. This is the only reason I have for rating the value as "poor." I feel a hotel of this rate and service should provide complimentry breakfast but that is a personal opinion. Again, regular Courtyard guests know this going in so it's not an issue. For this reason, I would prefer a Hilton Garden Inn which is also available in Sandy. I visit the area regularly on business and this is my second choice for accommodations. If my standard choice is sold out I can count on consistent clean comfortable accommodations at the Courtyard.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Highland, Utah
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Not knowing where to stay in the area given the number of hotels to choose from, I opted for the Courtyard in Sandy based upon numerous positive reviews posted by others on Tripadvisor. Well, I could not be more happy with my choice. My room was comfortable, clean, and had FANTASTIC satellite TV options to choose from. Above all, my stay was exceptional given the personal time and attention afforded to me and others. Kasey, at the front desk, was extraordinarily helpful with personal insight into the adjoining neighborhoods as I was in town from out-of-state to search for a house. He was very helpful with all he had to say which positively solidified some of the ideas/decisions I made prior to arriving.

The hotel is sandwiched between three others so you are insulated from the noise off Interstate 15. The hotel has easy access to/from the highway and is walking distance to a tremendous number of restaurants in the area - both take out and sit-down establishments. The mall is across the street with another huge shopping center across the street from it on the east side. The area is a commerce stronghold (State St. being the main artery) of well known stores, restaurants and other services.

The street is IMMEDIATELY off the interstate exit, so if you miss it, no worries. Just make a right turn on the next street which is Auto Mall Dr. From there, you can turn into the parking lot of the Holiday Inn which has access to the Courtyard's parking lot.

This is an excellent property for its location, services and proximity to the interstate, restaurants, mall and overall dynamics of Sandy.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Temecula, California
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I am a regular at Courtyards so I rate them based on specific location. This location has great staff that are friendly, helpful and actually remember your name. The weight room is typical of CY but the elipitcal is showing its age. The pool is clean and heated, although it was a little too cold on my last visit. The hot tub is HOT...which is great at the end of a long day! Stay on the East side if you can for a beatiful mountain view. This location has the updated lobby. They do not deliver the paper to your room, but have them in the lobby. The best thing about this location...it is walking distance to the mall and many great restaurants.

Room Tip: East side of building
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I really loved everything about my stay here. The front desk was so nice, the drivers would take me wherever I needed to go. One went to the restaurant and made change for me. They went above and beyond service and I was very impressed with everything they did for me. The computers were right in the lobby and free to use and if I needed copies they made them for me. They have a little food area right in the lobby too. Breakfast was not included but I really liked having the little mini restaurant right there. They helped with luggage etc.. from the moment I stepped in the door to the moment I left they took care of my every need. I would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Sandy.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Moab, Utah
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed for three nights on business. I negotiated the rate down from $160.00 to $130.00. This was in the middle of the week. For that price I would fully expect a complimentary cont. breakfast. Nope.... WOW really? especially since there are so many other hotels within walking distance. You would think the competition would warrant a free breakfast..

The beds were soft.