“Location works for us.”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Kemmerer, Wy
“Location works for us.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

You can see the Hyatt from the freeway, it just takes some maneuvering to get there. However, there is shopping, dining and entertainment close by not to mention the Rio Tinto Stadium and the Sandy Convention Center.

The rooms have a kitchenette, which we have never used but we like the hotel so much we pay the extra price. The room was clean and modern, the bed was comfortable and the shower was large with a seat, which made shaving my legs a lot less dangerous.

The buffet is filled with typical buffet breakfast items but you can opt for an omelet made to your order which is fabulous. The coffee was good too.

Nothing bad to say about the service, nothing good either. Just doing their jobs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This place impressed me from start to finish...After a long day of travelling and delayed flights we finally arrived in Salt Lake City. Upon check in and hearing our story the staff (Greg/Sean & Ms Edmonton :) were extremely friendly and empathetic to our situation..so much so they offered us a few complementary food items from their snack bar that we could heat up in our hotel room. WOW...this was truely an unexpected and a welcome surprise.

Check in was quick and we were off to our room.

We booked a 1 bedroom which offered a nice king sized bed, seperate living room with a pull out couch and kitchen. The room was modern, bright and very clean. The bathroom was spotless and was equipped with a nice size glas enclosed shower (no tub). We had a room at the front of the hotel where you could hear a bit of noise from the highway. I would recommend facing the courtyard for a quieter stay. Nice size heated pool and relaxing covered patio in the courtyard.

Nice hot breakfast was included in our stay with made to order omlettes.

A fantastic touch was offering complimentary food and drinks each evening from 5:30 to 7pm. Each night was different with Nachos, wings etc. Beer (Heinekin and Coors lite and wine was included at NO charge!!)

Lots of restaurants nearby (sit down and fast food), Target, shopping mall and Starbucks etc.

Overall I was very impressed with all the staff and with this hotel. Will definately stay here on my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HyattSandy, General Manager at Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Good Afternoon James2559,

We appreciate the wonderful review of your stay. I am pleased that Greg and Sean took care of you upon check in, and the stay was enjoyable throughout your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Kindest,

Jeff Olpin
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here while attending a fairytale winter snow wedding event for our niece at nearby La-Caille, a beautiful mountain wedding venue. Family and friends stayed at this hotel and used it as a gathering place. It does have an area to sit, eat, visit, and just hang out by the fire place. The rooms are nice, clean, with average beds. They have a very good weekday
5-7 pm food/beverage happy hour.

• Stayed February 2014
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 June 2014

First time to Hyatt House in Sandy and was very happily surprised.
1. Excellent staff; really worked hard to please all the guests.
2. Great WIFI
3. Large room, very clean and well-appointed; comfortable bed.
4. Nice large gym and outdoor pool
5. Delicious breakfast
6. Very competitive room rates
7. Little noise; well-insulated from street and highway
8. Many restaurants nearby
9. During ski season, 4 ski resorts within 10 miles.

Will definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was very pleased when pulling up to the hotel. The grounds were well maintained. The exterior was new and looked very nice. Upon entering the hotel It also was very nice, clean, maintained and well put together. The check in process was very quick and the desk attendant was very friendly and helpful. So this is where the hotel gets the "Poor" rating. Just prior to being issued my room keys (Keeping in mind my two bedroom suite was pre paid and 100% non refundable) The clerk handed me a full page document entitled "No Party Contract", meaning I was immediately suspected as being an unwelcomed patron to the hotel. In short the contract stated there was to be no partying in the hotel. Now I was not at the hotel to party but to actually sleep as we had other plans in Utah aside from the hotel visit. The forced contract agreement was disturbing as it was not presented prior to the Hotel accepting my money for the room many months in advance and had I refused to sign the contract I would have had no place to stay and I would have lost over $350 for two nights pre-paid. I can understand the need to maintain a quiet sleep environment for guests as I do prefer that myself also, but profiling one particular type of person bothers me. Again I was not there to "Party" as I'm not a 20 something in that stage of my life, what bothers me is that they didn't have other requirements "Contracts" for bratty kids, screaming kids, running kids, loud parents, misbehaved kids at breakfast etc....why single out a particular group when the rest of us are disturbed by people that don't control their kids. At least an adult I can speak to and have them quiet down but no one would ever ask a child to behave in a hotel...they are there to tear it up scream and have fun right.....Absolutely ridiculous

Room Tip: Overall its a nice hotel, their policies and the presentation of those need to be addressed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tony s
Good Afternoon Tony S,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a comment on Tripadvisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

During the weekend we do have every guest checking in to the hotel sign a no party policy. This is to guarantee those that are here to sleep, like yourself, the most restful night possible. As we don't want to discriminate upon check in, all guests are required to sign.

We look forward to having you back with us again soon. Have a great day.

Kindest Regards,

Jeff Olpin
Jeff.Olpin@hyatt.com
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We booked two nights here to watch the Whitecaps take on RSL at Rio Tinto stadium, which is only about a 10 to 15 minute walk away.

The room was nice with a full kitchen and separated sleeping area. The hotel seemed full, but it was quiet and we didn't need to wait for anything. The complimentary breakfast was great.

Would stay here again if going to another RSL game.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We like staying here because it's near a great restaurant (Tiburon) and it's easy access to the Trax light rail, which is an easy way to get to downtown SLC. You get at least a mini suite, which is more than enough for two people, at a very reasonable rate. The breakfast is included and even has an omlette making station. I guess Monday through Thursday nights they have a social hour with food, but we haven't tried that.
The rooms are clean and quiet. The beds are wonderfully comfortable and we always sleep well. The staff we've had interactions with have been friendly, helpful and professional.
You can't ask for more and you can't beat the price for such a nice place.

Room Tip: We've only ever stayed on the first floor. Only heard feel above once. I always feel the top f...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City / Sandy
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy

Been to Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy? Share your experiences!