“The best shakes and onion rings on the planet”
Review of Iceburg Drive-Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Iceburg Drive-Inn
Ranked #118 of 250 Restaurants in Sandy
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

The original is still great (although I recommend not going inside) but each franchise varies in service and cleanliness. The Orem location (just north of the library on State St.) is my favorite--clean, fairly fast, and the same great shakes I grew up with in Salt Lake. But, seriously, if you haven't had Iceburg onion rings, you haven't had onion rings. Don't bother with their burgers; they're nothing special. But a shake and onion rings order will fill up almost anyone and bring you back again and again.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Ice Burg has horrible food and worse service. We hadn't eaten there in a long time due to getting raw hamburgers there twice a few yrs ago. Today we were in a hurry and had an appointment nearby and I hadn't eaten all day so we stopped in to grab a quick bite to eat. First when we were ordering the girl at the counter didn't understand our order clearly even though we were clear and told her straight out what we wanted and if we . wanted fries or rings with our combo. Then My husband asked her for a water cup and she charged us for a regular drink that we didn't get or want so that had to refunded. We get our food and the french fries were stone cold full of grease and had a hard rubbery texture to them. The hamburger was mediocre at best, thin as you can get patties, lukewarm, and tasted like there was more filler in it than there was meat. I didn't have time to ask them to remake my french fries with fresh ones. But i wound up not eating more than two or three fries. The only thing that was decent from the place was my husbands chocolate shake. My burger was alos a tiny bit pink in the middle when i asked the girl at the counter 3 times to make sure it was well done. I have been feeling a bit sick all afternoon and evening after eating there and it was the only food i have eaten all day. It was a total waste of money. We will never go back again.

Reviewed 22 July 2015

Go there for the milk shakes, not the food. While we were there, the line at the window and the drive through never ended. We went inside to order. The floor and booths didn't look like they had been cleaned for days and the trash was over full. But we ordered anyway; a colleague swore we had to have a milk shake from here. I wanted the chicken strips but they were out, so I ordered the BLT and a regular chocolate peanut butter shake. The BLT was nothing great and the fries were just fries. But the milk shake was awesome. It was above the rim, rich chocolate and peanut butter flavor. They used chunky peanut butter so there were little bits of peanuts through out. The shake was big enough for four to share and I saw several people doing just that. They also have soft serve cones that are huge. I recommend getting a regular shake instead of the mini because there isn't much size difference between the two.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

This Iceburg location seemed un-organized the day I went in. I had been at the Southtowne Expo next door and was hungry and thirsty. It took so long to get my order..there were a few people eating and a few waiting for orders, but the staff didn't seem to know what they were doing for a fast food place..the food was ok, the shakes are always good..

Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

Three of us came here around 8:30pm on a Saturday night. The seating area at this location is fairly limited and all but one table was taken. We ordered 3 ice cream cones and 1 order of fries. Our cones were delicious-- way tastier than McDonald's (and a larger portion). No complaint about the quality. It took the 3 boys working there about 10 minutes to get them to us though. Yikes! And apparently they just completely forgot about the fries as when we asked about them 15 or so minutes after we ordered, they apologized and brought them out. Everyone around us was complaining of the wait time and looked frustrated. A couple apparently waited 30 minutes for their shakes! (I was glad we got simple cones).

To be fair, there apparently was a dance competition somewhere nearby, so maybe they just didn't staff well enough for that. So 5 stars for taste....2 stars for timelineness.

To be fair, we will go back again another time and see if our visit was just a rough night.