“Best Shakes around”

Iceburg Drive-Inn
Ranked #118 of 250 Restaurants in Sandy
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 7 June 2017

This is a regular stop. The best shakes anywhere. Literally hundreds of flavor combinations, and the mini is bigger than most other places jumbos. Also, the onion rings are gigantic. Usually only four come in an order, and I usually can't finish them all. Classic old school drive in.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch and shakes one weekday. The burgers were ok, the onion rings large, crunchy and bland. The shakes are basically hard pack ice cream in double walled paper fast food cups. Though we arrived around 11:30 AM they were out of chocolate ice cream. Really, out of chocolate? Overall not some place I would recommend.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Very busy place. You sometimes have to wait awhile to get your order. The shakes are great and overall ice cream products good. Food leaves a lot to be desired except breakfast -- which draws a big crowd

Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

The original is still great (although I recommend not going inside) but each franchise varies in service and cleanliness. The Orem location (just north of the library on State St.) is my favorite--clean, fairly fast, and the same great shakes I grew up with in Salt Lake. But, seriously, if you haven't had Iceburg onion rings, you haven't had onion rings. Don't bother with their burgers; they're nothing special. But a shake and onion rings order will fill up almost anyone and bring you back again and again.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Ice Burg has horrible food and worse service. We hadn't eaten there in a long time due to getting raw hamburgers there twice a few yrs ago. Today we were in a hurry and had an appointment nearby and I hadn't eaten all day so we stopped in to grab a quick bite to eat. First when we were ordering the girl at the counter didn't understand our order clearly even though we were clear and told her straight out what we wanted and if we . wanted fries or rings with our combo. Then My husband asked her for a water cup and she charged us for a regular drink that we didn't get or want so that had to refunded. We get our food and the french fries were stone cold full of grease and had a hard rubbery texture to them. The hamburger was mediocre at best, thin as you can get patties, lukewarm, and tasted like there was more filler in it than there was meat. I didn't have time to ask them to remake my french fries with fresh ones. But i wound up not eating more than two or three fries. The only thing that was decent from the place was my husbands chocolate shake. My burger was alos a tiny bit pink in the middle when i asked the girl at the counter 3 times to make sure it was well done. I have been feeling a bit sick all afternoon and evening after eating there and it was the only food i have eaten all day. It was a total waste of money. We will never go back again.