“Best lemon chicken rice soup EVER!”
Review of Basila's - CLOSED

Basila's
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have to admit that this restaurant does not have the greatest atmosphere, but we always get our orders to go. I give a huge thumbs up for the lemon chicken rice soup. I've never had any soup like it before, but have come to love it. Seriously, when I am under the weather, I send my husband to pick me up a large container of soup and it always makes me feel better. My son loves the gyros. The restaurant location is great for me as I live in Santa Clara and it is close and convenient, but have to admit it look me a while before I stopped there as it is attached to a convenience store and it just didn't look that appealing. It's not one of my first choices when I'm thinking of lunch or dinner out, but it's certainly worth giving it a try.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We were huge fans of the Basila's on 7th South. Unfortunately, the same is not true for
the new location. Place was empty when we arrived on a Friday evening…not a good sign, particularly since the original store was always packed. Ordered the Chicken Lemon soup…mediocre, Beef/Lamb gyro…mediocre, Spinach Filo…would have been delicious if it had not been petrified in the microwave prior to serving. Sadly, We will not be returning.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have enjoyed Basila's, it is in my top two Restaurant/Food in the St. George are, and has been for 20 yrs. or so !
The food is consistently great, still the original recipes, and so great. I have tried my two favorite dishes in other Greek/Mediterranean restaurants in other cities, like Arizona, California, and Nevada, and Basila's is seriously the best ! Especially the price...
I Love the Spinach pie and the Spicy chicken salad, and get both every time, and take the left overs home :) , along with the bread pudding :)
My only negative is the new location :(... I loved it at Ancestor Square and 700 S, but a gas station location just doesn't cut it for me :(
So now I just get it to go home :)....I hope they will move to another quaint atmosphere again :)
The service is always friendly.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I had breakfast and almost left when told I could not get eggs to order only could have scrambled.
Rest of breakfast was bland and I had to approach counter to get second cup of coffee.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1owner, Owner at Basila's, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Hello Brenda,
I wanted to take the time to thank you for your input on Basila's. I try to read every review and i will most definitely take into consideration your comments and do everything inside my power to ensure this doesn't happen again. Please come give Basila's another try and introduce yourself to me I would love to regain your confidence as guest of my Cafe
Kyle McGregor Owner.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Nice service and a tasty Greek Gyro. Saturday special was really well priced. The cookies (at store next door) are winners too.