“Clean Freak's Paradise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scipio
Moab, Utah, United States
“Clean Freak's Paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

Super nice folks. They even offered a home cooked dinner, in the event that we did not find the nearby fast food restaurants appealing. Unfortunately we arrived too late for that option. We had dinner at Subway. The bed was comfy, the room very clean and the price was very fair. Our kids had sports competitions in nearby towns but this was a better value and nicer to boot!

Room Tip: The pool was not open when I stayed. I am not aware of a fitness center. There was no on site restau...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
So Cal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

When driving through Utah on I-15 this is a great halfway stop. We stopped here after a day in Zion NP and Cedar Breaks NP.

The hotel is similar to a 2 story Comfort Inn. The hotel staff are terrific, with a quick checkin. The hotel property appears to be recently renovated, and everything is well maintained. And the pricing is an excellent value.

There isn't a lot to do in Scipio, but the area is pleasant.

Room Tip: We stayed on the north side, second floor. No problems at all.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tecolate
MELFORT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We found this hotel by mistake but it ended up being no mistake! I thought it was going to be a Super 8 as that's what my tomtom GPS said. Finding out it used to be made me worried that is was going to be worse than expected. The price was right and it was after midnight when we started looking and it was the only place around.

We were treated very personally and they made sure everything was ok for us. We only needed a place to sleep and shower and grab something to eat for breakfast. I was wishing I could have got there earlier to use their pool when I saw how clean and quiet the whole hotel was. The bed was very comfortable and every part of our stay made me feel like telling others so they could enjoy this place too.

All we were looking for was a clean comfortable place to stay and it sure fit the bill, and reasonably priced too.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Ronald W
Salt_Lake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I had seen this hotel in Scipio Utah and passed by it for years. I travel a lot for work, so I'm picky about places that I stay and I recommend this hotel. It's located between Salt Lake City and Capitol Reef National Park and along I-15. I left Capitol Reef National Park late and could not make it back to Salt Lake, so I stayed here.

I was pleased to find this hotel and plan on staying there again. It's a local business and a clean and quite hotel. They provided a microwave, fridge, coffee maker in each room and a continental breakfast in the morning.

If you need a place to stay along I-15 on your way to Bryce Canyon or Capitol Reef National Parks check out this hotel. Even better it will only cost between $45-55 dollars depending on what season you are traveling. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel is located a ways from the freeway, so any room is quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Frequent_Trav
St. George, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

My sister & I were driving from Montana to my home in St George. Normally, in good weather it is a very long day trip. We had snow, and as it was getting dark, the snow was picking up & there was road construction. I had my husband on the computer at home looking for the closest exit, where we could get a room. We ended up at the Scipio Motel. Clint was very nice & helpfu, and knew we would be there shortly after he spoke with my husband. Rate was reasonable & they knew the storm was getting worse. The key maker was broken, but he told us we could bolt ourselves in safely. We were not going out in the weather again anyway. The room was a nice size and very clean. The only place to eat is the gas station or Dairy Queen. The Dairy Queen was closed. We ate out of the vending machines. Nice selection. The bed was comfy. The breakfast was fine. I have had better and worse. There was cereal, milk, breads, oatmeal and pastry. It filled a need. Mrs Clint was also very pleasant & gracious. I would stay here again if needed.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad location. We were on the freeway side, but did not hear any noise.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank Lisa C
hayward
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

What a wonderful place to stay! I happen to have family in Scipio and have stayed here often. But, this time was wonderful. Ownership has changed and everything was so much cleaner! New owners so kind and helpful. Wonderful place to stay if you're visiting or happen to need to rest while traveling on Highway 15 in Utah.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank plumas
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

We were making the long drive from Bryce Canyon to Salt Lake City to drop off a hire car. To break the journey up we went through Scipio and stayed at this motel for the night. The pleasing thing about this motel is that it’s not a chain motel like every other motel you stay at. It’s actually an independent motel run by a very friendly couple who acquired it from a former chain of motels.

So, everything about it is quite typical of a chain motel. But the reception area has been given a different look to what I imagine it had in the days of it being part of a chain. For a start there is a very grand looking church style organ in the seating/dining area. All the furnishings in this little area are very eclectic and this helps to stamp some of the owner’s identity on the place. The owners greet you with warmth and sincerity and are also able to offer some home cooked meals. We were eating vegetarian and this was happily accommodated. To be honest, there isn’t a great deal else to do in the area, there are two gas stations on both side of the road immediately outside of the motel with little shops in, but that seems to be it as far as culinary choice goes (unless you want to get back into your car and drive back into the main part of the town).

The rooms are still very typical of a motel and are very clean, tidy and typically spacious for this type of motel. There is also free Wi-Fi and reception of this can vary as to which part of the motel you are in. Nearer to the reception gets you the better results. I also think there was a swimming pool, though at the time we were there I don’t think it was in use.

If you’re the type of person that fancies a couple of beers after a long drive then you will struggle here. With both gas station having shops, we thought we’d be able to buy a couple of bottles of beer and retire to our rooms, but unfortunately it seemed we were still in the dry zone. None of them sold any ‘liquor’ at all. The motel however is well situated for the drive to Salt Lake City. The main highway is just around the corner and after the breakfast of cereal, toast and tea/coffee and juice, we were soon bound for Salt Lake.

Overall, a decent place to stay, a bit off the beaten track, but worth staying at if you’re in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room within range of the Wi-Fi if you need it.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelPad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scipio
BEST WESTERN Paradise Inn & Resort
Comfort Inn & Suites Fillmore

Been to Scipio Hotel? Share your experiences!