Scipio Hotel
US$94
US$92
US$87
US$86
All reviewsdairy queengas stationfamily owned hotelthe pool looked nicedirect tvnothing fancywafflesnight managerroom was cleannight's sleepsalt lakeplace to stayafter a long daycontinental breakfastdecent hotelwasher and dryersmall town
Reviewed 30 September 2013

After traveling the loneliest highway from California, a very pleasant surprise appeared at the intersection of US 50 and Interstate 15. The Scipio Hotel is located conveniently where the two highways meet and it offers a clean, hospitable and very affordable place to stay in an otherwise rather isolated part of the country.

The hotel seems to be very new and modern. The rooms are exceptionally clean. The service is unsurpassed. The owners are very polite and attentive and they try hard to make your experience at the hotel as comfortable as possible. But the best part of the program is the very reasonable rate.

Putting it all together, this is one of the best value for price places to stay I have ever seen.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lane A
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

New management! Very clean hotel in remote location (only hotel for miles)...comfortable bed -- got a good night's sleep...friendly, helpful managers...no pet fee...wheelchair accessible. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

On a family road trip - on our way from Bryce Canyon toward Salt Lake City. We were planning to stay in Beaver some towns just north of there that had plenty of hotel options, but they all had fairly negative reviews. I looked a little further north and saw ONE hotel in Scipio and nothing else. No restaurants or anything. We called, the very friendly owner said they had one room left as all the rest were taken by firefighters who'd just finished a fire at a nearby forest! It was only $70 for all three of us - queen sized beds. Such a relief after all the $100+ rates near the national parks. Right by the highway but VERY little traffic noise. Quite a big clean room. Windows can open and there is a big meadow right outside the window. Lovely. A small continental breakfast included.
Oh. And what other hotel has an antique theatre organ in the lobby?

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Meermeerkat
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed here with my sons in August 2013 after a long day of driving on "The Loneliest Road in America" Highway 50 across Nevada. It was a godsend! The rooms were modern and clean - no flaking caulking or dirty grout in the corners; the managers were efficient and friendly. Free breakfast in the morning was a bit sparse - no half and half for the coffee, just powdered creamer, but serviceable. There was a pool and a hot tub, but we left early in the AM and did not take a swim. We paid only in the low $60s for the room, which surprised me as very inexpensive. I highly recommend the Scipio Hotel if you are coming off or about to head out across "The Loneliest Road in America."

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PeterFeer
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed here fro 4 nights to visit family in the area and being in a inexpensive place it was great!! The staff was very friendly and they almost made you feel like family.
The room was a good size and it was very clean like they care about there job. The TV only got about 15 channels but they are the major local stations. My view was of the major highway/freeway but it was very quiet the whole time. It had a fridge and a desk with a couple of chairs so it was not cramped.
The breakfast area was big with plenty of choices to choose from. Also there are three gas stations and two fast food places so there are a few choices if you get stuck here.
They didn't clean the rooms everyday unless you let the staff know but on my last night they cleaned my room and it was one of the best jobs I've ever seen!! They cleaned absolutely everything!! My cell phone/camera charger cables were neatly place on my chair like a mom would do. All my toiletries were perfectly lined up ready for my use. Everything I used/touched was put back perfectly for me to use again. I've stayed in fancier place with just OK cleaning but this is the best cleaning I've ever seen.
The Scipio Hotel is a clean, happy, great place to stay on your travels. I will be coming back for years to come!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family