“A trip back on time”

Mollie's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Snowville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Decided to try from other reviews. When you open the door, you are transported back to the 60's. A smile greets you. Service was pleasant. Food arrived quickly. My breakfast was good. Food over flowed the plate. My wife's hamburger was good. The fries were fresh. Great place to try.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Ok, so you're in the middle of nowhere and you don't want to eat anything from the Gas Station down the road. Go one more block to Mollie's Cafe and you'll find some great food at very reasonable prices. I had a Burger with Fries which was really good. It's an old style diner, so if you're looking for sleek and modern than this isn't the place. Lots of locals were at the diner so it's a local hangout for the old timers....whose language can be a little less than family friendly, but it adds to the color of the place.

The bathrooms are old and cold...so don't spend anymore time back there than you have to.

There was a large selection of pies that looked really good. I was stuffed from lunch so I didn't get any pie but the Coconut Pie looked the best!

Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere was classic and old fashioned. The waitress who's name I have forgotten was super friendly and willing to talk. The Burger was fantastic and they made a fresh batch of rolls just for me! I later sent the place a postcard .

Reviewed 12 November 2012

We had the Sunday dinner special....yumm.
Great service and charm....MOLLIE with her big blonde bee hive chatted with each table making sure we were all happy happy happy. The PIES are all home made by daughter Nancy and her crust is thin and flaky. The dinner rolls were the best i ever had..

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We were on a road trip to Idaho, from Colorado. Needed to feed us and the car. We found Mollie's on TA and the reviews were very accurate. It is a local, homey diner. When driving up the feeling is this is old school diner. Inside it has a counter with stools and booths. Decor is classic with a lot of Coca-Cola memorabilia. (see pics)

Our route meant we had to go through Snowville each way, so had the opportunity to visit twice. Mollie's gets a lot of locals/regulars, as well as truck drivers. It is 3rd generation, with granddaughter Jenny currently running it. (In the diner they reprint a 2002 review in the Salt Lake Tribune that has an interview with the original Mollie.) Jenny shows her grandmothers love of people and gives friendly sass to everyone. What was amazing is that she was the whole front of house and gave great service...and I mean really great.

Virtually everything is house made. Everything is cooked to order.On our first visit I had the chicken fried steak and it was everything a CF steak should be. Crispy exterior, tender meat, flavorful and VG gravy. My wife had the BLT. It was a great bread and a good amount of bacon.

On the second visit I had a grilled cheese with bacon (a substitute for the ham on the menu) with home made potato salad. . My wife had a side of ham and hash browns. The grilled cheese was a childhood memory, perfectly grilled white bread (which I haven't eaten in over 40 years) and a VERY generous amount of bacon.The potato salad was really good, clearly fresh made. My wife's side of ham was large, covering half the plate. We couldn't see how large it was until we ate some of the HUGE portion of hash browns. (see pic)
Most of the food is made from scratch, and to order. Be sure to try their fresh jam, if available...and get a dinner roll. The strawberry jam was so good I purchased some to take out.

Mollie's goes beyond diner food. It is home cooking.

My only negative is the men's restroom has seen better days. It could use some serious cleaning and updating. Haven't seen a cloth towel roll in decades.

PS: Jenny was not familiar with Trip Advisor, so if you go, let her know where you found Mollie's