“Great Property - Loud neighbors, smelly fish fry”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in South Jordan
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed for the weekend because the location was perfect for us to visit with nearby family but have our own space. The staff was awesome - super helpful but not annoying. The room was clean and the amenities were perfect. Had to do a quick load of laundry because we had more fun than we had planned, and was pleasantly surprised at the excellent condition of the machines and facilities. I realize that extended stay places have folks who are staying there for...well...extended stays. It was obvious who those folks were as they were quite comfortable and almost permanent fixtures in the common areas. At times I felt like I was crossing through their living room as we came and went through the lobby. It felt a little weird, but I guess you have to expect that sort of thing. Both evenings of our stay, however, those same guests were having some sort of a "fish fry" in the common area of the lobby. I never cook fish indoors because I don't like the smell, and my son is completely disgusted by it. The whole downstairs lobby and hallways reeked of greasy fish. We could have lived without that - but at least it didn't permeate the room. I didn't notice any noise until early Sunday morning (I'm talking 6am) when our next door neighbors turned on their TV, started having loud conversations and slammed a few doors a couple of hours before I was planning to wake up. Otherwise things were nice and quiet. All in all I would say this is a great place for the money spent. I would stay here again if I could get the same deal.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Josh P, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time and energy out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our friendly staff, clean rooms, and all the amenities our Home2 Suites has to offer. I apologize for your loud neighbors and the smell of fish coming from a guest reheating dinner in our lobby microwave. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great crew, great facilities, great amenities. For all you fellow road warriors, you'll feel at home here. It's a $45 cab ride to SLC, but if you like a peaceful running trail, a nearby Lifetime Fitness facility, and peace and quiet of a suburban hotel, gotta try this. THANKS! THANKS!! THANKS!! THANKS!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Josh P, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time and energy out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am so glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and all the amenities our Home2 Suites has to offer. We love our running trail too! We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Those of you who don't know me (the vast majority reading this review, no doubt!), please understand: I don't do too many shout outs. There's too much leeway, at times, when people expect a bit of recognition for just "doing their jobs." Not to be terribly insensitive but it's true: we've been somewhat trained to celebrate the mediocre... though, in many ways, as consumers and as a quote/unquote "discerning clientele" we have brought that mediocrity upon ourselves.... that is a digressive conversation for a later date. This is supposed to be positive. Which it most certainly is.

I discovered Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan quite by accident: they had a rate for my stay that was literally $5 less than my usual hotel. I had never heard of them (and no wonder, the hotel is brand new, just opened in December) but in traveling, the new must be tried and experienced... especially if it is within budget. Which they are. And I need to tell you road warriors: Home2 offers what I feel to be the best value in comfort/service of any hotel line of the major chains. Classier than Hilton Garden Inn for less money and still with the free breakfast, much more well appointed than the Hampton Inns for the same money (or, say, $5 less a night? ;) ) and, thus far, outstanding service. Even the WiFi hums along pretty well and, no doubt, today their bandwidth is being tested to its fullest capacity.

This is my third time staying with Home2 South Jordan, and they are definitely under a major test as nearly every hotel, with no exaggeration, between Ogden and Provo, UT are sold out due to the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market, which is apparently HUGE. The staff is stressed, the phones are off the hook for rooms that are most certainly not available... this is when "just doing your job" isn't enough. This sort of whirlwind environment takes a crew that is okay with going above and beyond, which is something you really cannot teach or force... with leadership to match. As that leader or manager you can only hire, cultivate, and encourage these intrinsic values, while providing that shining example the floor needs to see when they know armageddon is knocking at the sliding door. And these kids nailed it. Excellent attitudes, the place is unbelievably spotless despite the nonstop traffic, and they're inexplicably still able to joke with the Sony Rep just off of 8hrs of road time... after they've endured their own 10 straight hours of madness...

Special people, special place. I have definitely found my regular point in the Salt Lake City area. Well done, Hilton! Highly recommended.

And thank you, especially, to the staff. You're fabulous.

Much love,

Your Rocky Mountain Sony Photo Specialist.

(copied from my personal facebook page)

Room Tip: I have a tendency to prefer the upper levels of this hotel as they are quieter but, sincerely, the h...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Josh P, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time and energy out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you discovered and enjoyed all of the amenities our Home2 Suites has to offer. Our team was glowing with enthusiasm after I read them your feedback. They felt happy the pride they take in their job, our hotel, our other team members, and our guests doesn't go unnoticed. So, thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Very nice hotel, staff is friendly and very helpful. We stayed here because we had to bring our 2 dogs. They were great with both our dogs gave them treats and everything. They have designated dog pee/poo areas with bags for pick up. Only thing I disliked is its a non-refundable pet deposit. Really increases the price of the room when youre paying 75$ per dog.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Josh P, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time and energy out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and all the amenities our Home2 Suites has to offer. I apologize you disliked our non-refundable pet deposit. That deposit goes towards cleaning the room of any pet dander after your departure for future guests. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We chose Home 2 because of the price. Room was set up great. Breakfast wasn't the best. They did have a waffle maker. Most everything else was pre-packaged and put in a microwave. Very clean. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Josh P, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time and energy out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our room layout and friendly staff. I apologize our breakfast did not meet your satisfaction. We will look for ways to improve this for future stays. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great hotel, great value, friendly staff and convenient location. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The breakfast for me I didn't use as it's not for my type of diet - way too many carbs. Fresh cut up fruit would have been nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time and energy out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our location and friendly staff. I apologize our breakfast did not fit with your needs, we will look to add more fruit options in the future. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The breakfast was great (best coffee I have ever had at a hotel---most places give you watered down stuff) and I enjoyed the firepit at night. The staff was very friendly. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time and energy out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and all the amenities our Home2 Suites has to offer, espeicially the coffee. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Jordan
Sleep Inn South Jordan
Sleep Inn South Jordan
#4 of 5 in South Jordan
Holiday Inn - South Jordan - SLC South

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT? Share your experiences!