“UNREAL atmosphere! + Great food!! = perfect date spot”

The Tree Room @ Sundance
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Sundance
Price range: US$55 - US$65
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
“UNREAL atmosphere! + Great food!! = perfect date spot”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

If you have not been up to Sundance it's well worth the drive, and it's not far up the canyon really.
My GF and I were in town from Arizona and have found the atmosphere up there is unmatched! We ate at the Tree room, I had the salmon, I recommend it! Our server, Ben, was efficient and very friendly. After dinner we finished with drinks at the Owl bar, there was a band playing and they were actually pretty good! Overall the night turned out to be a great little date, we will most def be back here next time we come in town!!

CA
“It is all about the VIEW”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We LOVE to go to Sundance and pick up a sandwich in the deli and go out and sit by the river to eat our lunch. . We have not eaten in the Tree Room. They have a variety of sandwiches (I had pork loin sandwich, good variety of drinks and pre made desserts. This is a delightful place to have a casual lunch.

• Visited June 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“What happened to one of the best restaurant in Utah?”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Tree Room @ Sundance used to be a benchmark restaurant for Utah. If I had written this review 2 years ago I would have given this restaurant a 5 star rating because everything from the service to the menu to the taste was amazing.

We have been eating at the Tree Room every memorial day for the last 4-5 years and the experience was always worth the fare. However, this year was a complete miss.

To start, the appetizer sounded great, but turned out blah. nothing bad, but certainly not what we were expecting or used to have for a 12-15$ appetizer portion salad.

Next, we all ordered the filet, since I use to consider the Tree Room filet as the best steak in Utah. Being in Utah, I always inquire about the cooking since I like a good quality steak "rare" or in most cases "grazing". After being assured that "rare" really meant "rare" by international standards, we ordered 2 rare filet, 2 medium rare and a medium. We received 5 well-done steaks. Further more, the beef was not very tender, and we are suspecting the Tree Room may have changed supplier because we used to be able to cut it using a fork.

Four persons in our group returned their steaks, and the fifth, who didn't want to raise the issue was left alone to eat while the kitchen cooked properly the 4 steaks. In this category of Establishment, the servers should have at a minimum offered the guest to make a new plate and re-serve it with the rest of the group.

Finally, the desert were common and not very innovative. Here again, the Tree Room used to have amazing deserts.

Also, the server were not attentive and we had to ask numerous time for water refills.

Will we go next year? I don't think so. at over $600 for 5 guest, wine excluded, we expected much more quality in service and food.

Maybe this was just a bad experience, maybe the restaurant has gone downhill. Let's hope it was a bad night.

• Visited May 2014
Manteca, California
“Worth the price.”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I took my father and brother here for a meal. The service was good. We were the only patrons at that time. The restaurant is clean and comfortable. There is not a lot to choose from on the menu so if you want basics this may not be the place for you.

• Visited April 2014
Milwaukee, WI
“What a Great Place”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Went during Sundance, and was suprisingly empty. Apparently Industry folks make tons of reservations and cancel most of them. The Tree Room is pretty off the beaten path, so it seemed to have a number of large parties cancel that night. Absolutely stunning room. The duck confit was the perfect starter. Delicious. The the elk dinner was outstanding. I wasn't crazy about the pumpkin custard, but the brown butter ice cream that came with it was great. And my wife had the beignets which were oustanding. If you are ever in the area, definitely take the time to come here. Very cool place.

• Visited January 2014