“Pet friendly is an understatement!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tooele
Oquirrh Mountain Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Tooele
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My husband and I stopped at the Oquirrh Motor Inn on our long drive moving from Texas to Oregon. With a 6 month old it's hard to know how far you'll be able to travel in a day so we didn't plan our stops ahead of time. Our little boy was done for the day so we stopped in Tooele and Oquirrh Motor Inn was the first place we saw. We also had 2 dogs with us and a 20 ft Uhaul towing a car. It can be hard to find pet friendly hotels and places with room for a Uhaul but here we got both! Not only are they pet friendly but they gave us complimentary dog toys for our pups, which they loved! The building is old but the room was spacious and had updated furniture and linens. Staff was very friendly and the breakfast was pretty good...I wasn't expecting them to even offer one! On top of everything else, the view is gorgeous! What a beautiful part of the country! Overall we were very pleased with Oquirrh Motor Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank meglucero

Reviewed 24 January 2011

Stopped overnight enroute to northern California and we were impressed!! For about 60$ a night, the rooms are huge, more than enough place to set up the crib, it also includes a microwqave & fridge. Was a bit scared about motor inn first but it ended up being very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2010

The rooms were clean and comfortable! The staff were all friendly and helpful! I loved being able to get hot coffee, juice, tea or hot chocolate until midnight and then get a great breakfast in the morning! They call it a 'continental breakfast' because of the fact that some of the items are frozen and cooked in the microwave but anyone should be able to find something they like and it will probably be a better meal than you'd eat most days at home! I actually left my slippers there and they called me to let me know and then mailed them to me! Thank you for the GREAT VACATION, I am looking forward to coming back next year! Oh, and the price was very affordable too!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2010

First of all, let me start with stating when I travel, I am USED to 5 star properties so the Oquirrh motel was a welcome surprise and so much more than I expected.

Traveling from Sacramento, CA to Moab, UT hauling a double car trailer loaded with 4 wheelers, had hopes off making it to Tooele to layover for the evening. After researching the route for possible motels that could accommodate our truck and trailer, I was completely discouraged. I'd find something I was used to and the group I was traveling with didn't want to spend the money, or it had no parking, or there wasn't a restaurant to walk to, or it was to far off the main highway. Then I happened upon a review listed by a Walmart driver and figured the motel had to have plenty of parking and as most truck stops have restaurants and are located directly off the highway, I listed it as a "possible stop". With the criteria met, I thought to myself, great, a truck stop.... but it was a welcome surprise and a good fit for our needs.

The Oquirrh motel is exactly that, it's a motel sandwiched between two truck stops with both stops having suprisingly good food. Am glad I called ahead while on the road as the motel only had two roooms left and we took both of them. Apparently, this motel is popular! Don't expect much as you get exactly what you pay for, a clean room, clean towels, clean bathroom, gracious front office staff and after 11 hours on the road, it was perfect.

Ladies: please beware, this is not the type of establishment that has complimentary blow dryers in the bathroom; bring your own so there are no surprises.

A word to the wise: ask for a room in the "new building" and not the "adobe" building which has a lot of street noise. The owners have done a good job of trying to sound proof the adobe section, but there is only so much one can do when the location is between two truck stop "travel plaza's".

The motel offers an expanded complimentary continental breakfast of microwaveable omelettes which were not great, but edible, microwaveable sausage which was tasty, various cereals, bagels, donuts, toast, juice, coffee and tea and has the very respectable hours of 6am to 9am.

The front office staff were great and let us park our truck and trailer with loaded rigs under the lights of the porta cache so we could see it from our room. Would definitely use this motel again during our travels as it suited our needs perfectly.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends