I would suggest you keep driving and not stay at this hotel.
After staying here, it is obvious that the "excellent" reviews assigned to this location are likely fakes.
Upon arriving, I had questions about the room and the rates that I had reserved. The women at the counter had a very poor knowledge of the English language, and could not answer my questions.
The only thingt that this hotel has going for it is the close proximatey to Bryce canyon and Escalante national monument.
The rooms were a bit shabby and did not have a clean feel. It is clear that no money has been put into remodeling or maintenance in years. There was a bad chemical odor in the rooms--smelled strongly of bleach. The ice machines did not work, which was a bummer.
There was a nice view from the parking lot when the sun was setting, however, if your room faces the dirty trailer park in the rear (they don't house there employees in a nice setting, either), I pity you.
Also....bring your own beer......the little grocery store in town really punishes the "heathens," $11.00 for a six of 4.0% beer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOUR OWN LITTLE SOUTHERN RETREAT Located in the valley below Bryce Canyon National Park, in the town of Tropic, the Red Ledges Inn is conveniently situated on Scenic Byway 12, Utah's All-American highway. As your destination for Bryce Canyon lodging, we strive to provide an environment that is comfortable and relaxing to those who want to enjoy Southern Utah's beauty. Visit the Red Ledges Inn today and experience the majesty of Utah's National Parks. A short distance in nearly any direction will take you to see such natural wonders as Bryce Canyon National Park, Escalante Grand Staircase National Monument, Kodachrome State Park, Calf Creek Falls, and so much more. Visit our information page for more activities to enjoy while staying in beautiful Bryce Valley. Here in Bryce Canyon Country, our hotel offers comfortable accommodations for your lodging needs. In addition to comfortable beds, free Wi-Fi, mini-fridge, microwave, and Direct TV, we offer a light continental breakfast, lounge, patios, and superlative customer service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Ebookers so you can book your Red Ledges Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites-Bryce Valley
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bryce Valley Hotel Tropic
- Americas Best Value Inn Tropic
- Red Ledges Inn Tropic, Utah