“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Red Ledges Inn

Red Ledges Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Tropic
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The national parks were closed that week and we were given the option to cancel our reservation and get a full refund which we thought was nice of the management. We opted to stay and hike Dry Fork Canyon and Neon Canyon, excellent choices. The room was clean, laundry room was close to our room so it was easy access getting our hiking clothes washed at the end of the day. The breakfast was in the restaurant next door, it was cozy and the food was plentiful and good. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Our room was #110 close to the laundry room. Plenty of parking space.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nofear5553
There are newer reviews for Red Ledges Inn

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was traveling for work and did not have many choices to choose from. This hotel had the best reviews of the hotels I could choose from. I was a little worried because the last Americas Best Value Inn I stayed at was a very horrible experience.

Really for a hotel in rural Utah, this is pretty good. It was clean, it had Wifi and you can walk to a few of the restaurants in town. You don't spend much time in your room anyway because there is so much to do. I was there for work, by the time I checked in and ate dinner it was bed time and I left first thing in the morning.

If I was taking my family, I would probably stay at a B&B.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bbart73
Reviewed 28 October 2013

ABVI Bryce Valley (Tropic, Utah) is a motel that is on the back side of Bryce Canyon and near the Grand Staircase National Market. Tropic is a small village, primarily agriculture, so don't expect many tourist amenities here. My room at ABVI was of adequate size, and had basic furnishings. The bathroom is very tiny though, you can find larger bathrooms on cruise ships. My check in experience was pleasant, the receptionist may have been a foreign exchange student, I wish that I had asked. She provided me with a wifi code and a voucher for breakfast at the co-owned Clarke's restaurant (next door). I don't use public wifi for security reasons, so can't comment on it. There was a surprisingly strong Verizon signal in the room, suggesting a pico cell in or near the hotel, although this signal allowed voice only (no data).

The gravel parking lot was quite full when I was there, the motel was likely operating near capacity so be prepared for this if it is raining.

In short, this is an adequate place for resting a day or two near Bryce Canyon, but it by no means is a luxurious accomodation. I would stay here again when visiting Bryce Canyon, a park well worth the visit.

The similar other lodgings (e.g. Best Westerns) and commercial operations outside the Bryce Canyon gate are all owned and operated by the Syrett family, who recently petitioned to become their own town in order to receive tax revenue.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Luke T
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed at the America's Best Value as I wanted to photograph Kodachrome Basin State Park (the national parks were closed at the time). We got to the hotel about 9:30 pm and our reception was OK, but not overly warm. When I got to the room, it was OK, but the floor was a little sticky in some places. At 10pm I went to use the Internet and found that I hadn't been given a key by the receptionist. I called downstairs to get it, but the receptionist was gone for the evening. So no checking on emails or other Internet work.

I had really hoped for more. Might not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CLTKiter
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This place looked ok and we were desperate. We had to stay here for a conference but i would never stay there again. The wifi never worked, the Tvs had some major issues, broken remotes and horrible reception, and the free breakfast was kind of a joke. The food was really good, Clarkes restaurant is really nice but the hotel only lets you have 4 things to eat. and juice or coffee count as one. Also the lobby closes around 8 and they just put a phone outside if you have problems.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cps774
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The room looked a little shabby, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was average, but perfectly adequate for a one-night stay after a long day of hiking in Bryce Canyon. Breakfast, which is included in the price is served at a nearby restaurant and it is very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Room and bathroom were very dated and dark, with a view of the parking lot, and we had to struggle upstairs with our bags as there was no elevator. Good points were the extremely pleasant and helpful staff, and very good dinner and breakfast at the next-door Clarke's restaurant. Appreciate this is a budget hotel; however, would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side have a view of fields rather than the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tropic
Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn
#3 of 14 in Panguitch
Stone Canyon Inn
Stone Canyon Inn
#1 of 5 in Tropic

Been to Red Ledges Inn? Share your experiences!