The people at the hotel were very friendly both when I booked over the phone and during our stay however they have an issue with their hot water which I think needs urgent attention and I'm not sure was taken seriously. The shower changes from being at an ambient temperature to boiling/burning hot in a second for no apparent reason (this is nothing to do with someone turning on a cold tap/faucet or flushing the toilet) this happened to both me and my husband so we did not allow the children to take a shower. Later in the day the hot water ran out completely!
I reported these 2 things to the girl at the desk who was kind and concerned but evidently this is a much bigger problem and there was little she could do.
Generally the hotel is well placed with some nice views, it has a convenient laundromat downstairs and a nice gift shop and eateries next door.
We had arrived here having had 5 days camping/rafting in Canyonlands and a good wash was all we really wanted! The water situation is serious as someone may be burnt if it is not addressed. If travellers can be assured that this was a temporary problem then overall I would say that it was a comfortable and pleasant stop-over if a bit expensive for what it delivers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOUR OWN LITTLE SOUTHERN RETREAT Located in the valley below Bryce Canyon National Park, in the town of Tropic, the Red Ledges Inn is conveniently situated on Scenic Byway 12, Utah's All-American highway. As your destination for Bryce Canyon lodging, we strive to provide an environment that is comfortable and relaxing to those who want to enjoy Southern Utah's beauty. Visit the Red Ledges Inn today and experience the majesty of Utah's National Parks. A short distance in nearly any direction will take you to see such natural wonders as Bryce Canyon National Park, Escalante Grand Staircase National Monument, Kodachrome State Park, Calf Creek Falls, and so much more. Visit our information page for more activities to enjoy while staying in beautiful Bryce Valley. Here in Bryce Canyon Country, our hotel offers comfortable accommodations for your lodging needs. In addition to comfortable beds, free Wi-Fi, mini-fridge, microwave, and Direct TV and continental bkfst from April 1st - Oct. 1st ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Ledges Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites-Bryce Valley
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bryce Valley Hotel Tropic
- Americas Best Value Inn Tropic
- Red Ledges Inn Tropic, Utah