“Great! Would stay again!”

Bryce Canyon Country Cabins
Santa Ana, California
“Great! Would stay again!”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We read some of the negative reviews before we arrived and were a bit worried. But they hired a girl for the front desk who was very pleasant. They do have a policy about leaving the second bed in the room alone if you paid for one bed, but the bed we did use was very comfortable and clean. The room came with a mini-frig and microwave. I saw the grills that were available, but we did not use one.The shower was on the small side, but the cabin, overall, was very nice. It is also conveniently located across the road from Clark's Restaurant and General Store and the Pizza place (the only two restaurants we saw in the Tropic/Cannonville area). Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My friends and I just returned from a Zion, Bryce & Grand Canyon tour. We enjoyed a one night stay at Bryce Canyon Cabins located 7 miles from the park entrance. While there seemed to be plenty of accommodations at the park entrance, our little cabin just down the road had a beautiful view of the mountains. Even though they were located near the main road, it was quiet, comfortable and relaxing. Outside of our cabin were elegant wooded gliders that overlooked a beautiful field and mountain range behind the cabin. Staff was MORE than accommodating and I'd totally recommend a stay here. There is a small grocery down the street and the town closes up early. We arrived around 7pm and left early the next morning so we didn't need other entertainment. The cabin had cable/AC/mini-fridge and was very clean and oh so cute.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Murray, Utah
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Booked cabin to stay while running the 1/2 marathon in July. Read the end of the confirmation email where it stated if you "mess" or use the pull out bed that you will be charged $20. Well when I booked a double occupancy I thought I could use both beds. SO I tried to cancel, lady was rude to me on the phone. Said she had a whole list of people waiting so she didn't care if I was cancelling. She said I would be charged $25 per night to cancel the reservation even though it was 8 days before my actual trip. I asked for the owner information and asked if I could contact the owner. She said it is too late at night. Then stopped talking .. I said hello 4-5 times then the line went dead. I called back 4 more times they refused to pick up. I called back the next morning. Asked for the owner, was given the name and when I asked to speak with the owner they hung up again. I called back 3 more times and just got the voice mail. I still don't know if my reservation is cancelled because i can't get anyone to talk to me on the phone. Side note I did not use foul language or yell when I was talking to anyone so I do not feel like I should have been hung up on.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank auntyaya02
Penhook
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Heading to Bryce Canyon National Park?...Well...you should and when you do treat yourself to a stay at Bryce Country Cabins in Tropic. The individiual cabins are cozy and comfortable and the owners are pleasant and accommodating. The Cabins are very close to the park and offer the serenity of the quiet town of Tropic. We loved sitting on the swing in the evening with a glass of wine and just watching the grass grow. The only small issue was early evening there is a little traffic noise, but it really was not a hinderance to our sleep.
The surroundings are beautiful and it is a great value for the nightly rate. We would definitely stay there again

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Stayed in a deluxe room for two nights while visiting Bryce and Kodachrome. The room was clean, very good size, and the back deck looked out on farmland, and mountains in the distance. It's true that it's right on a road, but the traffic is very light, and you spend most of your time on the back deck when outside. You can easily walk to the small town.

There were chickens, and some cats that quickly disappear if you don't feed them. It was very relaxing to have a fully shaded deck looking out onto farmland. It was only 7 or 8 minutes to Bryce Canyon - most of the lodging there is kind of on an open road area, which is not very appealing. The actual Lodge may be different, and it is closest to the Bryce Canyon sights. But again, Bryce Country Cabins in just a short 10 minutes away.

Since the deluxe cabins are actually two in one structure, if you are getting more than one room, try to get them together. Also, try to get the rooms the farthest West, and therefore farthest from the area that they have goats, etc., to be sure you avoid any unusual smells :)

Free internet access was okay, you park right in front of your cabin, and checkin was easy - since you pay in advance, there is no hassle in checking out.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We came across this hotel on tripadvisor. Initially we wanted to book 3 nights at Ruby’s Inn but they were completely booked. So, as the revues were in general very good we went ahead and booked. The internet booking was not very easy. We wanted to book a single cabin but there was the remark “Please Call”. We tried but no response. So we booked a deluxe cabin (king). We arrived on time (yes you have to state in your booking when you intend to arrive) and the check-in went quick. We got cabin no. 9. Upon entering we just went Wow. It was just fantastic. Spotless clean. Big bed, lovely bath/toilet plus Kitchen/dining area. Big TV with load of channels. The cabins also have free WiFi. But best of all you have an absolute superb view from your own back deck (including rocking chairs and table). All was very clean and the décor was really nice country style. The kitchen had all you needed to cook (2 cooker stove) including microwave and fridge. Although it is located directly on the road it wasn’t very loud and we did get 3 nights of good sleep. The deluxe cabins are two cabins built together so you can hear the neighbours if they are loud, but we were lucky with our neighbours, very quiet. As we could cook we did not venture our to any of the restaurants in Tropic. A very big plus for travellers with young children is the fantastic playground next to the office with a slide, swings etc. Our young daughter was absolutely thrilled. Tropic is of course very close to Bryce Canyon NP. The only negative point is the not so friendly welcome we got upon check-in. The owners could be a bit more friendly. Also that you have to state when you intend to arrive was a bit of an inconvenience. But the positive points outweigh this negative points. Next time we visit Bryce Canyon we will most definitely stay at Bryce Country Cabins again. We were sorry to leave. We will also recommend this “hotel” to all our friends and family.

Room Tip: We stayed in Cabin no. 9
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Southwest_2011
San Jose, California
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Tropic may be a little town with a "country" feel, but these are NOT "country cabins". In fact, they are right on the main highway and the walls and windows are so thin that it sounds like semis are driving through the room. We only got the standard cabin (not deluxe) so there was only a microwave and mini fridge. But this standard cabin cost $20 more than a cabin we had just rented near Capitol Reef that was WAY nicer and had all the ammenities, so this place was somewhat disappointing. Also, the bathroom floor sounded like it was going to fall through at every step.

If you do stay in Tropic or are just passing through, I highly recommend Clarke's restaurant. They had fantastic food and great service.

• Stayed May 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tropic
Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
Bryce Canyon Log Cabins
Bryce Valley Lodging
Bryce Valley Lodging
#3 of 3 in Tropic

Been to Bryce Canyon Country Cabins? Share your experiences!