This is a charming inn. It is located about 10 miles from the main entrance to Bryce Canyon. The drive should have taken about 15 minutes or less. Instead, it was about 45, but not the fault of the Inn. We had to keep stopping to take pictures of the mountains and scenery. The drive passes by several scenic pullouts, and we couldn't pass them up (repeatedly).
Breakfast was great. The inn offered complimentary WiFi and US phone calls. There was a TV, but we never used it. Our room was clean and fresh. We had a great view from our windows in the main guest house.
There is a large deck off of the dining room. We were welcomed to bring our wine bottles outside and enjoy the moonscape with our ukuleles. Our host provided glasses and an opener.
Clarkes was our chosen spot for dinner. Not bad. Not exceptional. Your here for the scenery, not a culinary experience.
I would stay here again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best place to stay at Bryce. We have four secluded cottages with two bedrooms, two baths, fully equipped kitchen and private hot tub. We also have 4 bungalows that are free standing king suites. They have a king bedroom, bathroom, living area and private porch. Stunning views from right under the rim of Bryce Canyon. Hike in to Bryce from the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Odigeo so you can book your Stone Canyon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Canyon Hotel Tropic
- Stone Canyon Inn Tropic, Utah