Stayed in the Shooting Star bungalow and enjoyed it. Everything is very new and with some nice upscale touches, like the mini air conditioner, the shower and jetted tub, and the pseudo hanging bed. You can look at the cliffs of Bryce right out the windows and from the front porch. Saw deer and rabbits wondering through the property. Very quiet.
There was no info at all for the jetted tub, and the little Euro-symbol buttons were meaningless to us, so had some trouble getting it to work and then shut off. Also, had no wi-fi. We had smart phones, Ipad, and laptop, and all connected to the wi-fi just fine, but never once could get any web page to load. Maybe the Shooting Star bungalow is too far away from the house; don't know. We didn't find anyone to ask about this, but it wasn't us, as our phones connected just fine up at the Bryce Canyon lodge. Go figure.
Ate one night at the restaurant, and the food was very good. The service was only so-so. Maybe our waiter was new or having an off night, who knows. We ate the second night in Tropic; normal small town quality and service, but not bad, and definitely less expensive.
The restaurants we ate at all served wine, but one afternoon we wanted a bottle to have on the porch for cocktail hour and to watch the views. The store in Tropic told us that we could only get it at a State Store, the closest one which was at Ruby's, 10 miles away up by the entrance to the park. So we drove up there to find a tiny little alcove in the hotel lobby, accessible to employees only, and barred off like a jail cell, with a whopping 5 bottles or red and 5 bottles of white selection of totally bottom class wines for double the price. Oh, and cash only. Welcome to Utah. Bet we could have bought a gun with less hassle. When in Rome.... If you like fine wine and might want some on the porch of your bungalow, think ahead and BYO!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best place to stay at Bryce. We have four secluded cottages with two bedrooms, two baths, fully equipped kitchen and private hot tub. We also have 4 bungalows that are free standing king suites. They have a king bedroom, bathroom, living area and private porch. Stunning views from right under the rim of Bryce Canyon. Hike in to Bryce from the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Stone Canyon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Canyon Hotel Tropic
- Stone Canyon Inn Tropic, Utah