“Sage Motel, Vernal, UT”
Review of Sage Motel

Sage Motel
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Vernal
Reviewed 4 September 2013

An older motel right in down town Vernal, convenient to shops, restaurants, etc. Wi-Fi was operational but Internet was down. Front desk had no way to correct the problem. Had rags available for wiping down motorcycles (this is always appreciated). Reasonably priced.

Room Tip: When I am on the road all I am looking for is a clean bed and a shower so my ratings may be a little...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PapaDuane

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Ambitious, friendly Asian couple runs this simple motel in Vernal. UT. Nothing fancy, but the room was clean and the location was good. It was noisy until late into the night due to a group of blue collar guys leaning on the outside railing upstairs drinking and laughing; but that wasn't the motel owners' fault. The a/c cycled all night, which was annoying. The breakfast was simple. Vernal is a plain town but was nicely decorated with many pots of petunias lining the main street. It was a 20 minute drive to Dinosaur National Monument.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ChicoRanMan
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I pretty much echo what slphelps had to say. A little hard to see from street, particularly when coming from the east, It is perpendicular to the main street between two other buildings. Sarah took my reservation and checked me in when I arrived (is she there all the time?). I had ground floor 3rd room from the front with parking directly in front of my room. There was some street noise; the main drag is US 40 and is 4 lanes wide and (I think) 35 mph even in the middle of town (else they do not enforce slower speed). So there is traffic and some noise. But I used the AC/fan all night and it was not a problem for me. The room was clean; big/high/comfy 4 poster bed; dresser and chest of drawers; a writing desk, too, which I appreciate to sit and make notes of the day's travel. Fridge/microwave (I did not use) Large LCD TV w/cable which worked well. Good bathroom/shower. Only slight negative were stains on couch and dings/stains on low table in front of couch. I left early and did not try their morning food.

Room Tip: Rooms in back could be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank cj02139
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Clean room, firm queen-sized beds, frig, microwave, reasonable price. For being on the main street of Vernal, little traffic noise. Easy access. Enough parking. The breakfast room is quite small and the offerings sparse: cereal, juice, large muffins. Nothing approaching eggs and bacon. Blinds on a couple of our rooms didn't function. Personnel friendly. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room toward the back.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank slphelps
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We got chased into town by an approaching storm which increased the pressure to find a budget motel fast. We wound up in the parking lot of the Sage which reminded me of an alley. I thought it's better than standing out here in the rain. Girl who checked us in was very nice and helpful - she opened up the smoke shop in the rain just to get me a soda. The place is old but it looks like they're doing a good job of general upkeep. Our room on the second floor was clean, big TV - maybe too big. Bed was a bit mushy but sheets were clean and the bed smelled fresh. Breakfast was just OK, kind of sparse, and the parlor was small with only 5 seats.
Overall very good value and would consider staying here again. I was a bit amused by the parade of testoserone-infused guys racing their deisel pickups up and down main street. Others may be concerned or intimidated by it but, I found it entertaining - hhmmmm another good value.

Room Tip: Although likely taken by long term "residents". A room away from main street would be qu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rodeguys
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I stayed here for one night, and this motel has exceeded my expectation! The room was clean, and it was equipped with a flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. The mattress was a bit too soft, but it is only a matter of personal taste. The breakfast has orange juice, coffee, milk, muffins, toasts, cereals, and waffles. My only complaint was that this place seems to mainly be occupied by local truck drivers. (At least you won't hear kids crying in the middle of the nights because these drivers sleep early and leave early.) All rooms are non smoking, but there is a small table and chair outside each room for guests to smoke. It may cause discomfort to some single female travelers. But when I closed the room door and turned the a/c on, I could not smell anything inside the room. I just came back from Moab and paid over $100/night for a room with broken furniture. So to me, Sage Motel is an excellent value, and I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MiguelSLC
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Travelling from Georgia to Vernal and the hotel representative desk clerk was really welcoming she made my reservations before I arrived and ensured I was well taken care of while I stayed. The staff was very helpful and the atmosphere was as pleasant as it could be. I recommend this hotel to travellers.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernal
Econo Lodge Downtown
#5 of 15 in Vernal
Split Mountain Motel
Split Mountain Motel
#12 of 15 in Vernal

Been to Sage Motel? Share your experiences!