“Old fashioned diner. Good food and good prices.”
Review of Tacos El Gordo - CLOSED

Tacos El Gordo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Parking was tough. Expect to wait in the mornings. Lots of trucks. We had to wait 10 minutes for a table but once we were in our chairs it was great. Gentleman that served us took care of us with country style.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Kind of pricey, but you get a lot of food. No fountain drinks, just bottled drinks of every kind you could think of. We ordered the big quesadillas for the kids, which come with seasoned beef and guacamole. The quesadillas were huge and delicious! I ordered a smothered burrito with spicy pork, rice and beans -I could not finish it as it was a lot of food! The husband ordered enchiladas and loved them. If we ever make it to Vernal again I would eat here, but I would order a quesadilla for myself. There are no longer card tables & chairs to sit on, there are old school fast food table chair combos that seat four. Good food!

1  Thank Stroller_Snob
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stop Fast and go in--- it's not a service station! It's is a great little authentic Mexican restaurant-- the walk in type. In Vernal, Utah this is where the locals go for very reasonable good Mexican food. While the outside may look rough inside is clean and the staff friendly. Taco was stuffed and overflowing with flavor. Fresh ingredients very obvious and present in a nice manner. The old saying you cannot tell a book by it's cover applies :)

1  Thank rollinsthomas
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stumbled across this rundown looking converted gas station and we were glad we did. Tasty traditional tacos in soft tortillas with cilantro, onion, and lime. We got carnitas (shredded pork) and carne asada (steak), plus quesadillas for the kids. We also bought some avocados from the market to go with our lunch. Everything was good and settled well in our stomachs.

1  Thank venusvslc
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Don't let the converted gas station throw you off. Stop in for for steak tacos and you won't regret it. I think it's carne asada but I just ask for steak and they are simple, traditional, cheap and delicious.