“Good food but need to work on the service”
Review of Tacos El Gordo

Tacos El Gordo
Ranked #12 of 62 Restaurants in Vernal
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We ordered tacos for me, torta without guacamole for my son, and Chile relleno without beans for my wife (they both have health issues). The torta came WITH guacamole, the Chile relleno WITH beans.We don't like confrontations so they switched their meals.

We did not complain but when the boss asked how we liked our meals we said the tacos were really nice (they were! ) but that none of the other meals were what we ordered.he said 'i would have returned your money if you would not have liked it, but since you did, I won't'. This was a bit lame, but still a reasonable deal.

Don't get the ice cream. I thought it was some Mexican interesting brand but it is the cheapest and most boring stuff.

There are newer reviews for Tacos El Gordo

Reviewed 11 July 2014

As the other reviews suggest, this is place most people would not give a second thought to, but we had a great meal. I had four tacos and my wife had the enchiladas and said they were great. This is definitely a local joint. Don't let the outside sway you. Great grub.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Reminds me of one of my favorite restaurants at home.
Order from the counter and they bring you your food. The burritos are super tasty. Fresh ingredients. Price is reasonable.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Once you get past the exterior (being an old gas station that hasn't really been remodeled), the tacos here were the best food we found in Vernal. Very authentic Mexican tacos for $2 each. We enjoyed the variety of salsas provided and the meat was tasty and cooked perfectly. We will stop here again if we are ever in town.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The place is a remodeled gas station in the middle of town. Have to admit that the sinclair sign had me worried at first. Who goes to a gas station to actually eat??? But surprise surprise the food was good. Need more sauces and better tables. But I will back