“Mexican food”
Review of La Cabana Restaurant - CLOSED

La Cabana Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 January 2012

One of the very best mexican resturants I have eaten at. The food is always terrific and service is good. The sisters that own the place are the best cooks and owners of a great place to enjoy terrific mexican food.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Food is mediocre. American food on the menu is better than the Mexican.

Reviewed 10 June 2011

I ordered a chile verde burrito, not knowing exactly what to expect but hoping for a New Mexican style green sauce. What I got was a hot turkey sandwich but with a flour tortilla instead of bread. All it was missing was some stuffing and cranberry sauce. I checked with the waitress to make sure I was looking at a chile verde burrito and she said that's how they make it. I asked if "they", presumably the cooks, were Mexican, and she said they were.

So, I dunno what to say. It was definitely the worst chile verde burrito I've ever had, but perhaps it was one of the best hot turkey sandwiches. Anyway, the service was friendly, and I liked the (very mild) salsa and thin ungreasy tortilla chips. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so I'll give this restaurant a good review.

Date of visit: June 2011
1  Thank phillipking
Reviewed 6 May 2011

no alcohol. you won't find mole, chile colorado, ceviche, etc. this is standard combo plate tacos, burritos and enchiladas. BUT- they do this kind of fare better than anywhere i've ever had. they make all tortillas fresh, and the fresh fried taco shell was super light, airy and crispy. the rice had a very nice mild cumin and cinammon taste. the enchilada sauce was bland, but palatable, inoffensive. just ery good overall, so muc hbetter than expected.

Date of visit: May 2011
Reviewed 24 October 2009

My Mexican boyfriend and I eat at La Cabana, at least twice a mo. We love the food, and Service. He usually get the # 17 and I have tryed a few things and have not gotten any thing I did not like allthought the # 5 is my favorite. The Chips and Salsa are my favorite of any Mexican Restaurant we have been to and thats from slc to vegas.. Very good food and service..