“Thank you Sylvia!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Thank you Sylvia!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I always stop to eat here when I come home to visit as they have the best salsa and carne asada tacos. This was a bittersweet meal as I was in town for my grandma's funeral and this was one of her favourite restaurants to go to, and as usual the food was delicious and the service was wonderful. So when we asked for the bill we were told that the meal was on Sylvia in honour of my grandma. It was a wonderful gesture and meant so much to me and my mom, my family have been coming to La Cabana weekly for over 15 years and for Syvlia to do that for us during such a emotional time really was appreciated. Thank you Sylvia and to your sister and the rest of the La Cabana family.

• Visited October 2013

Dolores, Colorado, United States
“Good food”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Very good home cooked meals had the special. Got a piece of peach pie with it. Very good we really enjoyed the food we travel all the time and it is hard to get good mexican food

Vernal, Utah, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“small groups”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The service is great they are eager to please which is what makes this place awesome, the rice is a little dry and bland, and if you have a big family this isnt the place the seating is crowded and small...

Visited October 2012
“Mexican food that needs practice.”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I took my wife here for her birthday because she loves mexican food, suffice it to say we both got sick. The food here is pretty bad, the only reason I gave it a two was because the people were nice to us.

Visited April 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best Chips & Salsa”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My boys (ages 5 & 9), husband and I decided to try La Cabana for lunch on a Saturday. We were seated immediately (as I would expect since only 2 other tables had customers). The place is outdated but clean. Our very friendly waitress came immediately to bring us chips and take our drink order. Soon after that she returned for our food order. It didn't take long for the food to come out hot and ready to eat.

The chips are one of the best I've ever had at a Mexican restaurant. They were so light and crispy. I also liked the salsa because it wasn't too spicy.

There were quite a few food choices. My husband had two chile verdes. I couldn't decide what I wanted so I had a cheese enchilada (it was good, not great) with rice plus a side order of fries (yummy). My 9-year-old had a hamburger and fries. My 5-year-old chose macaroni and cheese.

The kids menu choices were: taco, enchilada, hamburger, cheeseburger, hot dog, corn dog, grilled cheese, bean burrito, bean tostada, mac and cheese or chicken nuggets plus a side of beans and rice or fries and a small drink for $4.75.

We will definitely return to La Cabana.

• Visited September 2012