“Memorable”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jacob's Ranch

Jacob's Ranch
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Virgin
More attraction details
Owner description: We teach people how to love horses and let the horses, in return, trust the person before we ever put foot to stirrup. We promise you'll have the most adventurous, exciting and informative ride you've ever had, or it's FREE!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Memorable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Go to the website what you read about the entire experience is just the beginning of your thrill ride. Josh and Cheryl are awesome wranglers. We spent about 9 hours from beginning to end. Great horses, you bond with them, learn the horsenality, learn commands and boy do you learn to ride. Walk, trot, lope, gallop and full run if you want! Explore Zion Canyon, up and down, get your adrenaline pumping. This is not a pony ride, this is an adventure, not for the weak!! Amazing. Worth every penny!

1 Thank Cheri M

Herriman, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Famiy Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is not just a horse back ride. It is a amazing adventure. You get to bond and gain mutual trust between horse and rider. Get to learn the history of your horse. They teach you how to saddle your horse and put the bit in. You learn so much about your horse at the end of the ride your don't want to leave them. You're not just the rider and a horse. You make a new best friend. Through the connection the horses take care of you. The horse you bond with, feels like the horse can just read your mind and know when it is too much so they will slow their pace. If you go to fall off they will slow down. So if you do, its more likely your fault. Those horses are very gentle and smart. All have their own personality's. you will learn fast just from the way they act and what their personality's are. I highly recommend Jacobs ranch to everyone.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Heather D
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Horseback Riding Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Awesome! Fantastic! Great experience! From the introduction to the end of this adventure it was an awe inspiring reality check. The minuete my daughter and I entered the ranch we felt like part of the family.. Jackson gave us a personal introduction and he told us about his horses. You could tell he has a passion for his horses. He really cares for them. He told us about each horse and their personality so that we could match up with a horse that would best suit our horseback ride. I chose Miss Kitty, she responded just like he said she would easy to handle and responded to all my commands. The ride was Awesome and challenging . Again I felt that they were very professional in every aspect from preparation to the ride. They always made you feel like family. They cared both about you and their horses. AWESOME EXPERIENCE !! THANK YOU! and God Bless you all!

1 Thank Pat777777777
Downers Grove, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We went with our two sons, age 10 and 15. We had a wonderful time! Our older son had never ridden before and was tentative, but he loved it and really bonded with his sweet and gentle horse named Cassidy. Our other son, aged 10, also loved it and made friends with more of an alpha type horse who often was the leader horse, named Jesse. They were immediately off running!

The thing about this place that was so amazing is that you get o meet horses and get to know them before going out on the trail. The ride was a bit challenging - especially for mom, but the guides, Cheryl and Clay, were very knowledgeable and helped each of us so that we all had a great time.

Rob was able to get so comfortable with his horse, Dollar, that during the introductory learning session (which was fantastic) he was able to make friends enough that dollar let rob sit on him, he stood up, and rob then sat on him saddle-less for awhile before he got off. It was really a great experience. (See video)

1 Thank marykadamdisplay
JacobsRanch, Manager at Jacob's Ranch, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for your business & review. We like to make this ride exciting for all our riders so we have some easy going stuff & some extreme. Glad you guys could experience some of both. You all did really well!
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My experience at Jacob's ranch was fantastic. I love horses and had not been riding for over 20 years. I have no interest in riding in the traditional environment that we find everywhere so I decided to give this a try. We got there at 10 and left at 6:30. I loved my day. I learned different things about horses behaviors and how to interact with them. The morning is a little slow, but as soon as we started to interact with the horses, it was great. I spend some time visiting different horses in the stall to see which one I wanted to ride ( this after we were told a little about each horses personality). I rode Jessy. She was a great match for me. We walked, enjoyed the amazing beauty of nature , trotted, galloped , climbed hills, galloped in the river.... I mean this was incredible. Our guide was really good and checked on us and made sure every one was comfortable before initiating a run. She also pointed out different marker in the landscape. This experience was a perfect match for my friend and me. We both had some riding experience though. I am not sure I would have felt as comfortable if I had never been on a horse before. ( perhaps , for ME, it would have been scary )For some people in our group , it was the first time and they loved lt. I would not hesitate to go back.

2 Thank France1215
JacobsRanch, Manager at Jacob's Ranch, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We do try to tailor out ride to meet the expectations of all our guests and i am so glad we lived up to or goal. Sometimes it's difficult with larger groups however we do try. Thank you for your business.