“Pretty good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Georgia523
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stopped here on our vacation. After our last try at authentic mexican food (very spicy) we decided to try this place. It was very good for both of us. The food came under spiced, but allowed me to spice it up to my taste and good for my wife who doesn't like spicy food. It was good for both of us and good concept to allow people to spice it up on our own.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Creeper523

Hurricane, Utah, United States
“Great Service Under Seasoned Food”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I've always wanted to try Pepper's but until today never had the chance. We walked in and, because it wasn't busy, were seated immediately. Our server was very attentive and I never went without a full beverage. I ordered the Cantina Dos with the Tamale (pork) and the hard tacos (shredded beef). My husband ordered the carne asada burrito. They came with rice and beans on the side along with tomatoes and lettuce. The masa on the tamale was perfectly cooked, the hard taco shells were freshly made and the rice was perfectly cooked. The beans were a tad runny but there was a glaring problem through the entire meal. All the meat (the pork, asada, and the beef) were grossly under seasoned. When visiting a restaurant with this type of cuisine there's a certain flavor I almost expect to get and it just wasn't there. My husband's burrito had more cheese than it did meat and there just wasn't enough meat in my tacos. All the food was edible and the prices weren't overly expensive but I won't visit again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Alicia A
“Disbelief”
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I ordered a tamale plate. The tamale came out broken all apart. When we asked why it looked that way they said it was their last tamale so they took the meat out of that one and put the meat in it that I ordered? They ended up not charging me but I still can't believe they would do that.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tajeas
Hurricane, Utah
“Yummmm”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I love Mexican food. Being from San Diego, I've had a lot of it. When Peppers opened, I went with an open mind but not really expecting to be wowed. Boy, was I wrong! I've been back at least once a month and am never disappointed. The food is wonderful - somebody really works to get the authentic flavors I like. The staff, both waitpersons and cooks/chefs, are very accommodating. I have asked to have different things switched and they never seem to mind. I tried a popular Mexican place on St George Blvd in St George and frankly, once was enough. I don't get what people see in that place at all. Give me Peppers any day of the week and twice on Sunday. (Which in southern Utah is an exception since most places are closed on Sunday)

• Visited May 2013
“Average and overpriced”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We're always on the lookout for good Mexican food. I would say Peppers is just average. My husband just got chips & guacamole. Even though he asked for it spicy, it wasn't. He said the avacados weren't very tasty either. I got the shredded beef taco salad. Usually the tortilla bowl is filled with tons of lettuce. This one had very little lettuce, in fact very little amounts of salad. There was quite a bit of shredded beef, but there was also quite a bit of fat and sinew as well. The great Mexican flavors we like just weren't there; and the prices weren't low by any means. Be prepared to spend $12-$16 per plate for lunch. For me, it just wasn't worth it.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank FieldfamilyMom

Been to Peppers? Share your experiences!