“Excellent Choice for the Area”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. George North-Zion
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Recently stayed (July 2013) at this hotel and was very impressed. The building is new and very clean. There is an outdoor pool with nice tables and the workout room had a nice selection.

The rooms were clean and everything worked. We were fortunate enough to get the two bedroom / two bath suite and it made our stay very enjoyable. The suite has a full refrigerator and stove top. Living room, dining area, balcony (overlooking pool) and a fireplace. Very comfortable! Nicer than my apartment in DC.

The staff was very helpful and offered restaurant suggestions. They even gave us a coupon we used for a nice steak dinner that night. There isn't a lot of other businesses next to this hotel except a Zion Harley Davidson. Zion is a 45 minute drive but we didn't mind. Restaurants and businesses are 15 minutes away at St. George.

I would highly recommend this property and I am someone who has probably stayed at over 75 different Holiday Inns during my travel.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Two bedroom two bath suite- worth the money

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was my first time at this hotel. I normally stay in St. George because it's closer to everything. When I checked in I asked if I could have a 3rd floor room and the front desk employees told me that I didn't want a 3rd floor room because one of the Coke machines had just blown up and caused smoke filled the hallways and they were getting complaints.
When we got to our room we noticed the toilet didn't flush properly. My husband went to the front desk to tell them and was told that someone would come to the room to fix it. We waited over an hour and it was 11 pm so we went to bed and nobody ever came.
Breakfast the next morning was very crowded and they didn't seem prepared for the number of guests that were there.
Eventually I mentioned the toilet situation to the front desk when I checked out and they gave me 50% off after I asked them to resolve the problem.
It was a newer hotel and there were a lot of things that were good but considering the price we should've had a working toilet. It turned out to be okay because of the discount they gave us but there are better hotels to choose from.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Express_Coral_Canyon, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. George North-Zion, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay. I do apologize that our staff did not respond to the plumbing issue. I obviously have opportunity for additional training. I am pleased that they were open with you in regards to the fact that one of the outside vendor’s machines failed. We try to be transparent instead of just saying "we do not have availability on that floor”.

I am also pleased that you found the compensation for the inconvenience we caused, to be fair. I hope you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves. I invite you to contact me personally, if you do come to visit our area in the future. I will do everything to make sure your next visit exceed your expectations.

Again, thank you for taking time to help us improve and please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations.

Rob
GM

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Everything you normally expect from a Holiday Inn Express: Nice modern rooms, free fast WiFi, a swimming pool (outdoors), a reasonable complimentary breakfast and the usual friendly staff.

The one downside: a bit isolated in this growing suburb of St George, so you'll have to drive a few miles to a restaurant or get delivery.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade, apparently there is at least a nice suite.
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times now in our family travels from LA to Colorado. Always a caring staff and the hotels rooms all feel well-kept and new. The only drawback on our latest visit was the wi-fi. I know they were having some problems with it, but even when it was working, the signal was weak and the speed was slow. I only bring this up because I still needed to do some work while I was on the road. Hopefully they can fix this soon. Otherwise, no complaints!

Room Tip: This hotel sits in Washinton, UT which is just north of St George by about 5 miles. Their is not an...
Reviewed 10 July 2013

It was time for our summer vacation when my family and I travel north of Las Vegas for some R&R. We first enjoyed trail riding on beautiful horses in St. George witnessing one of the best sunsets ever. We then ate a a local restaraunt and due to the time decided to get rooms in nearby Washington, UT. When calling the Holiday Inn Express (I used this chain many times before), I was very pleased that this hotel had two rooms side by side and as usual they were very cleaned, welled stocked and furnished in contemporary decor. The children traveling with us enjoy the wonderful pool and after a good night's sleep we moved downstairs to a wonderful hot breakfast with lots of choices from drinks to pancakes. The pricing was very reasonable and the service was great. Many travelers were ther with their children and the breakfast items kept being replenished without long waits.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

This is by far the best Holiday Inn that I have ever stayed at! The hotel and personnel are truly excellent. A nice lady named Keely gave me a great upgrade and was very friendly making me feel sincerely welcome. I stayed in a very spacious suite that had a nice fireplace in the living room and a big patio overlooking the hills. The interior was modern and the room offered more than enough comfort. Breakfast was great and the pool was good. I also enjoyed the fitness center. The hotel is conviniently located at the interstate exit and only an easy drive away from good restaurants as well as the national park. Awesome stay altogether! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Express_Coral_Canyon, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. George North-Zion, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Your words are so kind! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As GM I do feel we have a great staff. I will let our Guest Service Representative you named know that she made an impression on you and that she made you feel welcome. She is a very sincere person. Thank you for giving us a high recommendation. I hope that our paths will cross in the future and I invite you to contact me prior to make sure you have another "awesome" stay.

Rob
GM

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

While returning from Missouri to California, my wife and I stayed one night in this Holiday Inn Express. What a pleasant surprise (even taking into consideration that most Holiday Inns are very good)! The property appeared to be sparkling new, with exceptional styling and design. The employees were friendly and helpful, but I've come to expect that at all Holiday Inns. What I thoroughly loved was the surrounding area! My dog and I loved the expanses of lush grass to include a beautiful mini-plaza just steps from the inn's front entrance. Plus, we found a walking trail/bike path that led through a nearby development of very new homes and an elementary school. The neighborhood was gorgeous and even the few residents I passed waved with a friendly smile. I loved the fact that this Holiday Inn was secluded, however, I could understand the disappointment if folks wanted to be near shops and restaurants. You'd have to drive about five miles to reach those in the city of Washington. I would love to return here someday and explore the area more!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Conmaker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Wingate by Wyndham Hurricane Near Zion National Park
Best Western Plus Zion West Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites La Verkin - Gateway to Zion
Holiday Inn Express Springdale - Zion Natl Pk Area
Best Western Plus Abbey Inn
Quality Inn I-15 Red Cliffs

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. George North-Zion? Share your experiences!