The other reviews are right. This is a nice HIE, in a convenient and beautiful area, with fairly elegant rooms.
One thing that was different about my room (from most other HIEs) was that it had a small "kitchen" area with a sink and cabinets, as well as a micro/fridge. This was an unusual and convenient option.
Everything was pretty clean. I did find a lipstick smear and a booger (come on, people--are you animals?!?) on the wall over the bed. Both were easily noticed and removed by me and a Kleenex, so it seems like the maid could've taken care of them.
Also, the bathroom was nothing special. This HIE appears to have poured more money into the "kitchen" and I might not have noticed the downgraded bathroom, except that I had just stayed at an HIE that had put all of its money there. It's a perfectly good bathroom; it just didn't have anything special and, for some reason, the faucet was angled to the side of the sink. No big deal--just FYI.
I also thought I was placed awfully close to the elevator and ice machine for a Priority CLub member on a night when the place was maybe half full. This room was also close to the HVAC system, so there was a constant low hum/rumble, but it was manageable.
If you want to stay out of the hustle and bustle of St. George in a nice place, you will be fine here. I don't know if it's the nicest hotel ever, but it is a fine place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Washington, Utah, is the Gateway to Zion National Park and other southern Utah destinations. Our hotel, located in North Saint George, is in a unique location sitting among beautiful views of Red Rock Mountains, Desert Bluffs, and an array of landscape colors. Travelers benefit from our close proximity to many national and state parks, including Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Sand Hollow State Park and Grand Canyon National Park North Rim. Your family is sure to enjoy exploring Zion National Park, located just 30 miles from our St. George area hotel. The park offers winding hiking trails with rare geological formations. Snow Canyon State Park, a favorite rock climbing spot for locals, is also located just 20 minutes from the hotel. If shopping is your preference, visit the Zion Factory Stores, an outlet mall with 30 brand name shops and restaurants. And golfers can tee off at 1 of 12 St. George area golf courses within 10 miles. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Washington, Utah, also offers business travelers ideal amenities such as spacious meeting rooms, catering services, large work desks and free high-speed, wireless Internet. Corporate travelers will appreciate our close proximity to local businesses such as Wal-Mart Distribution Center, Dixie Regional Medical Center and Dixie State College. All travelers will enjoy a free hot breakfast, served each morning in our spacious 'Great Room,' which features such as an upscale lodge-style lobby with Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired decor and eco-friendly bamboo flooring. Guests can also relax in our outdoor heated pool and whirlpool hot-tub, or maintain their exercise routine with our 24-hour Fitness Center. All this, and more, is available at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Washington, Utah. Safe travels, and we hope to see you soon in southern Utah! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Washington
- Holiday Inn Express Washington
- Holiday Inn Washington
- Washington Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington Utah