“Surprisingly Good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Washington
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

We brought our dogs and were pleasantly surprised at how good the room was. It was neat and clean. The staff was very welcoming. This hotel is located very close to St. George so it was very convenient. Breakfast is included and it is quite acceptable. All and all this was a good value and a great little find!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Barbara P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn I-15 Red Cliffs, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Ms McAdams
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our property. The entire staff really appreciated everything you had to say about your stay.
The housekeeping staff is very well trained and has been with us for several years. Since we are limited on the number of pet friendly rooms, our housekeepers take extra care with them. We are so pleased these rooms worked well for you.
Every one of the staff looks forward to your next visit with us.
Sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Arrived during shift change and both Front Office Manager Barbara and the young lady desk clerk we so helpful and friendly. They truly went out of their way to provide Superior customer service. The room itself was great, recently renovated. A sink in both the room and the bathroom was a defiant plus. If I were to nitpick and find an area of improvement it would be the bed. It was ok, but not as nice as the room it was in. Given that sleep quality is paramount to the guest experience, I will never understand why hotel owners will spend hundreds of thousands on a renovation and not go the last $50-75 each and get pillowtop mattresses.

We will defiantly stay at this location again and would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Barbara P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn I-15 Red Cliffs, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear ehjut
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. I am so pleased to know that we are doing our job to the satisfaction of our guests. It’s really nice to know that you liked how the room was designed. As far as improvement is concerned you will be pleased to know that we start a mattress change out program this week which I am sure will be completed in no time at all. We will also be using a brand of mattress that is well known for comfort. We will be ready with that improvement for your next stay with us which we very much look forward to.
Sandpoint, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I lucked out and received an upgrade upon arrival. I don't know why this happens occasionally and I don't ask, just accept my good fortune and enjoy. My room (suite with king sized bed) was fantastic!
This hotel is located just off the freeway, on a rather busy street corner. That may be a negative thing for some, but I liked having numerous restaurant options nearby. And it wasn't noisy in my first floor room that faced the intersection. There is actually a convenience store/gas station between the hotel and the corner so that helps. And it was a convenient place to get gas before I jumped back on the freeway. I was well rested for the travel day ahead.
The breakfast was very good and the staff was friendly and attentive. I had interactions with the desk staff, a person keeping the breakfast items stocked, and a housekeeping employee. All were great.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Michael T
Thank you for all the kindness you have shown our property and staff by taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate the information on the noise levels of the room and believe we really are centrally located to a great many shopping, dining, entertainment venues and local parks and sites to see.
We actually posted a copy of your review for all the employees to read because it was so nicely stated and uplifting to the entire team. We are so pleased that you had interactions with so many of our staff; we all love to know that we are doing our job well.
Every one of the staff looks forward to your next visit to our location.
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

My wife and I ran across this in our travels, and at first glance, figured it could be worse. To our suprise the rooms were well kept and clean. After the other quaint little dives we stayed in this was a palace! Good job Quality Inn!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Barbara P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn I-15 Red Cliffs, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear The2Todds
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us recently.
On behalf of the entire staff we all really appreciate your positive outlook on our property. We hope you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast menu which includes: make your own waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, assorted bread, bagels, yogurt, oatmeal, 4 different cold cereals and 2 types of milk, apple juice, orange juice, assorted teas, and coffee.
The whole team looks forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Lincolnshire Grimsby
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

On arrival at the front desk things were good.

We wanted to stay in Utah on or way to California so we could rest over night and not stink like when you stay over night in Vegas. we opened the door to the room and there was an overpowering scent to mask the smoking that had obviously taken place in this room. The beds were worn out, the place is just tired, I guess this is the old building. The room looked nothing like the professional photos the hotels advertise with.

Holes in the bed linen. The place is just so tired. The beds are tired and the bathroom is tired. Im 6ft and the shower head was at about shoulder level. If I was Warwick Ashley Davis this might not be a problem. i wish i was a time bandit and id turn back time and book another room. The shower pressure was very weak like a dribble of water.

I think you get the idea. if your stuck in the snow etc and need some shelter then this place is able to offer you some shelter great. But if I was to choose this place again my wife would not be happy.

On a good note. The rest of our vacation was awesome.

Room Tip: If you want a good room demand the new building or go someplace else. If you want your partner to di...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Marsbr_540
Thank you for taking the time to provide helpful information in regards to your recent stay at our property. Our entire staff fully takes your comments into consideration which offers immense value to the hotel and helps our staff achieve the goal of providing a pleasing experience.
We always want our guests to feel comfortable and have and enjoyable stay at our property. We have a very well trained housekeeping staff who have been with us for many years. We have made sure to segregate smoking rooms from non-smoking rooms. If a guest would bring to our attention that they felt their room was smoked in, we will definitely go to great lengths to manage that situation. We sincerely apologize about this experience.
Once again, from the entire team here at the Quality Inn, we apologize about your experience and hope that you will try us again in the future. We dignify ourselves in providing the best stay that we can offer.
Kind Regards

Travellers are raving about these Washington hotels

Heber City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

So, I had a room in St George this week at another hotel...but only booked a few nights and was going to crash at my friends house, but the room I was going to say in (kicking the kids out) was downstairs and their sewer backed up so I was homeless, unless I wanted to sleep on the couch.. SO I did a price line bid of $39 a night plus taxes and fees.

I had stayed at the Quality Inn Bluff at St George and it was a very nice with a great breakfast.

When I checked in I expected at least as good at the Bluff Street on. The nice front desk lady said she could give me the same rate for an extra night. She also said "you will like this one better than the Bluff Street Hotel. " She was so friendly and nice I wanted to believe her....however.....I think I liked the Bluff Street hotel better--their breakfast was MUCH better.

But I-15 staff , much friendlier, great to work with, rooms were clean, A little noisy from i-15 traffic and it seemed like every trucker that was staying there was out smoking on the ledge (I thought it was 25 feet away from the building room ...and the room was non- smoking.) but other than that..no problem...it was fine in a pinch!

The breakfast was okay (Bluff Street was so much better)

Two things that were 'fine' but I didn't love. The old 1960's inside with painted brick (the outside had the nice stucco) just felt old and there was no security lock inside...the door locks from the inside but housekeeping can come in whenever, and I don't like that....It was fine...I had a DND sign out so it was not problem! So over all nice! Not exceptional, not bad...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Ms Adraval

Thank you for taking time to make a review for our property on your recent stay. We really appreciate your time and comments. We always want our guests to feel comfortable and thoroughly enjoy their stay at our property. All our staff appreciates the positive comments of how friendly and easy to work with they were.
We are also pleased you found the room to be clean. We have a very well trained and customer conscience staff who have been with us for many years.
We apologize for not exceeding your expectations with our complimentary breakfast. We understand that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and our complimentary hot breakfast menu includes: make your own waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, assorted bread, bagels, yogurt, oatmeal, 4 different cold cereals and 2 types of milk, apple juice, orange juice, assorted teas, and coffee. We definitely go above the basic requirement for the breakfast.
Again, we appreciate your time and comments on your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.
Alpine, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

The prices are average for the area after figuring in the 10$ pet fee, and the room was decent although the fact that there is nothing but sheets on the bed is a little wierd. I asked about comforters but the front desk just told me "that's just how it is" The problem came when we discovered the lock on the room was broken and we requested an alternate room. At first the front desk refused to move me, because all the other pet rooms were taken, and only after I told her we would absolutely not stay in a room where we could not lock the door did she move us to another room. When we got to the other room we discovered that we had been put in a room that reeked of cigarette smoke! I guess those of us who pay for our pets are considered second class and dont deserve a nice clean room. Also the old heater built into the ceiling was unbeliveably noisy so we had to turn it off to sleep which made for a cold night with the lack of proper bedding.

Room Tip: if you have a pet pick a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Wyoming
Thank you for taking the time to make a review of our property, we sincerely appreciate your comments. Please accept our apologies for not exceeding your expectations. Our front desk staff has been trained to be courteous and accommodating and we continue to reinforce this with the staff.
Our beds are triple sheeted with a blanket and have 4 pillows with extra blankets available as needed and requested. Our staff works diligently to provide a clean and welcoming stay. Our smoking guests are advised that smoking is not allowed within 25 feet of the building and have signs throughout according to the Utah clean air act.
We appreciate your telling us about the problem with the heater noise. Our maintenance staff works hand in hand with the front desk to provide the best service possible and remedy issues as they arise.
Again, we would like to thank you for your time and apologize for this experience.
Sincerely
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Comfort Inn Saint George North
#11 of 41 in St. George
Ramada St George
Ramada St George
#18 of 41 in St. George

Been to Quality Inn I-15 Red Cliffs? Share your experiences!