Open today: 00:00 - 23:59

Book in advance
from
£126.30
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Bonneville Salt Flats
from £126.30
More Info
from £162.96
More Info
All reviews rest stop gas station car wash rental car road trip land speed record fastest indian cars miles nevada raceway freeway shoes eastbound slc track mph
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2019 via mobile

Salt Lake City's salt-rock beaches look like they are covered in white snow. It was amazing to view and walk on. On we go for another two hour drive to the golden cowboy town, a typical western town, quiet, peaceful, restaurant, and supermarket rich food.

66  Thank KodoDrummer
Reviewed 10 September 2019

This place worth the time it took me to get there. Really out of this world experience. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank Anupam D
Reviewed 5 September 2019 via mobile

It was very cool to see these salt flats. However...people had it blocked off so we couldnt even get into the parking area, not sure why it didn't even look "official" just a beatup camper and a few cars. Definitely have something to wash your shoes off when walking on the flats. There were also a ton of tiny bug, would go back with my kids in the future.

1  Thank Heather J
Reviewed 28 August 2019

I stopped in to look at the salt flats at the rest area on west bound I-80, It is both a beautiful and, so far as I know, unique place. Salt, mountains in the background, very nice, but often hot. Someday maybe I will join a friend here for speed week and spend some time on the flats but I was not that interested in walking on salt during this visit. Yesterday I was thrilled to walk on silicon, didn't take pictures, I was back in my yard.

1  Thank bcs488
Reviewed 26 August 2019

If you are traveling on I-80 between Salt Lake City and Reno, take few minutes to take in the salt flats just to the East of Wendover, UT. West bound, you can stop at the official Rest Stop on I-80 where you can take a walk on the salt and get some beautiful pictures of the flats with the mountains as a backdrop. East bound, I would recommend getting off I-80 at the Bonneville Speedway exit just east of Wendover and driving to the flats. Either direction, if you have time, take this last option, it is the easiest and safest way to actually drive in the salt if the conditions are right. When WE were there in late August, the flats were compact and the best condition we have ever seen--hardly any salt residue of the car. Many times of year, the car can get salt icicles which would require a trip into the self serve car wash in Wendover or West Wendover. It's a good idea to check before you drive--you can get stuck in the salt. BE SMART BUT ENJOY!

5  Thank jandsminerals