“It's a decent place.”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Wendover
Blackfoot, Idaho
“It's a decent place.”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We chose to stay here because of the price point. It is an older motel, a little run down but basically clean. You could see daylight around the door. But it is summer so didn't really matter to us. Glad we took our confirmation with us, their computers were down so we needed to show proof that we had already paid for the room. Very pleasant people to deal with. The bed was VERY comfortable. Which is an important factor. Could use a bit of cleaning around edge's and corner's in the bathroom. The main room seemed to be clean and I LOVED the fact that the linens smelled clean and fresh. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is only two floors. I think the rooms are pretty much the same.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn Wendover, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time and writing us a review. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Saginaw
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I really enjoyed the service that was provided during my stay at the motel. I spent three nights and absolutely loved it. The rooms were nice and clean, most important thing the linen was clean. The staff was extra friendly and did everything to meet the customers expectations.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking your time and writing a review. We really appreciate it.
Perris, California
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My number one recommendation: Do NOT bring your family! The front desk acted as if they were bored with life; other than raising his head, the morning person didn't acknowledge me (even though I said, "Good morning"). Breakfast was cereal, coffee and bread (no toaster? nothing fresh...with virtually every hotel/motel offering breakfast, who doesn't have waffles?!?!?!). Room needs new (or at least clean) carpet; it was old, worn-out and had mosquitoes; A/C produced a foul odor; towels were ragged; sink was stained; sink counter had been poorly repaired (sagging from wall...thick with caulking); A/C was plugged into an outlet hanging from the wall (dangerous?); shower/tub was stained; bathroom needs repairs; TV worked; parking lot is thrashed (pot holes, no landscaping, needs repaired). Overall, a cheap and dirty place. Do NOT bring your family!!! I stayed here because I'm a Wyndham "owner"; I was traveling alone and it was the least expensive (cheap!!!) -- no way would I have stayed if I knew the conditions....it would have been worth an extra 5, 10 or 15 bucks to relax. This is a very low quality motel. Do NOT bring your family!

Room Tip: GO elsewhere...especially if you have a family.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Jimbeau123
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn Wendover, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
You say you are a wyndham "owner" so you should know that the knights inn franchise does not require the owners to serve our guests with breakfast but we still do for free. Also you said we have no toaster but we do have a toaster. You also can not expect to get waffles if you are paying only $35 a night. Our hotel has outdoor rooms so it is obvious there will be mosquitoes looking at the hot weather. If you were not comfortable staying at the hotel you could have spoke with an employee. Any ways we apologize for the inconvenience.

Travellers are raving about these Wendover hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is not a 5 or 4 star hotel, but if you pay for a 1 star hotel and get a decent room that is clean with towels and the tv works you are ahead of the game. The front desk clerk was super friendly and just a pleasure to speak with. I wouldn't recommend bringing the wife and 6 kids, but who brings a family to Wendover. You save a couple of bucks by staying here then cross the border to Nevada and give the money you saved to the casinos. If you want fancy accommodations then you better look elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you really want a good room, try a more expensive hotel, If you want a decent room wait until th...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn Wendover, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank You very much for this review. Thanks for your honesty
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The carpet was a little dirty, so bring some slippers! But the sheets and towels were clean. The wall sockets were kinda finicky, but all worked. I booked the room 3 days before I got there, and when I arrived I asked for a room with a microwave and a fridge, I got one with no problem. It was supposed to be one king bed, but I got two queen, which wasn't a big deal because it was just me anyways. There is a family dollar store right next door which was really convenient for grabbing snacks and other little things. Overall a good value for the price!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank You very much for taking out some time and writeing a review for us.
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were not at all impressed by this motel. The room was ok, but the beds were awful. Also, the whole motel can use some paint and cleaning up. We chose it because it had the best price, but we got what we paid for. Also, the clerk made a mistake and only booked us for one night, when we were supposed to be there for two, and yes he did correct his mistake. I doubt that we will choose this motel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dennis E
Sorry for the problems you faced. We are slowly trying to improve our hotel. Thank You