“Real Mexican food, on the outskirts of Wendover”
Review of Salt Flats Cafe

Salt Flats Cafe
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Wendover
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 September 2013

When traveling down Interstate 80, it might be easy to miss this place, as it is located on the side of the Sinclair truck stop just off of the Bonneville Speedway exit. Even when you enter through the front door you might wonder about the place, but not to worry. The food is delicious, authentic, and very reasonably priced. On my most recent visit, I was in a hurry to drive back to Salt Lake, so I ordered the Three Enchiladas meal to go, along with a cup of horchata. Total cost was only $8.00. Upon arriving at my hotel 90 minutes later, I got to enjoy it. Oh, and the place was packed when I got there. Glad to see people are supporting this restaurant and (apparently) feel the same way I do about it.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Perfect stopping place. Clean and great food. Accomodated needs of 6yr. old. Full truck stop if you need laundry or showers too.

1  Thank Marty H
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Here is another place that upon driving up or walking in you might think, what did I get myself into. What you get yourself into is great food at a very reasonable price. Some people might find the salsa a little too spicy but it was great, the carne asada is great, I've never heard my daughter rave about enchiladas the way she did about these and the beans are clearly homemade which raises this a notch over about every other place you go. Go to exit 4 and find yourself a great meal.

2  Thank Letsroadtrip
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This is our favorite place to eat out. Great Mexican food, great hamburgers, excellent omelets, etc. Don't let the looks scare you away. It's clean and has great service. We go there at least once a week, if not more.
Very very reasonable prices. Don't be afraid to ask for special orders! They are very accommodating. Just because it's not on the menu doesn't mean they won't fix it.

1  Thank cfratto2000
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

This place is a hidden gem - the carne asada is more than you could eat in one setting - homemade chips, salsa, tortilla, beans - we stop by every chance we get and gave never been disappointed - if you've never been here, do it! You won't regret it - don't let the gas station keep you away!

4  Thank jillchapman