“Cracker Barrel”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Food was great. I love their hashbrown casserole. Biscuits are incredible. Prices are reasonable and the service was terrific

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were on a long road trip back to California. It was so great to know we would have a great meal at the end of the night. We were happy that the restaurant stayed open until 10PM so we made it to SLC just in time. YUM . We were nearly the only folks there, as it was late, and we were served fairly fast. Quality seemed the same as I have come to expect from Cracker Barrel. My only complaint came from the candy dept of the store. We purchased fudge and peanut brittle which were not very fresh or tasty. That aside, it was a welcome stop after a long drive.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed at The Crystal Inn across the street so it was convenient. It is one of those chain restaurant that routes you thru the gift shop to enter the restaurant and you have to pay your bill at the check out stand in the gift shop. If your traveling with kids, not easy to get in and put without buying cheap trinkets. A family restaurant with good service, a varied menu, and pretty good food

1  Thank hospitalitypro47
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Generally, I am a huge fan of Cracker Barrel. Since we don't have one near us, we were excited to eat here. Our waitress tried very hard, but the manager was a total jerk. At one point, she said, "I'm coming." He said, "So is Christmas." Our meal was rushed, staff seemed irritated, and the food was barely warm. After hearing the manager near the register, complaining about something else, we figured the manager is probably why the wait staff was so irritated. We will go elsewhere next time.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Unfortunately, our experience was not very good. We had a very pleasant waitress who took our ordered for breakfast. I ordered two eggs, three bacon strips, hash brown casserole, biscuits and gravy. My breakfast came one item at a time. My first course was the bacon and eggs. I was told the rest we be out in a minute. The menu said there would be two eggs, but I didn't think they would be sparrow eggs. What I actually got was one scrambled egg. The waitress came out and told me they were out of hash brown casserole and asked if I wanted to wait 20 minutes or would I be willing to order a substitute. I asked for simple hash browns and eventually got a very small plate of hash browns. When the waitress brought me out the hash browns, she told me she'd bring out the biscuits and gravy as soon as they were baked.
I've never had breakfast strung out one plate at a time before.
It was comical how the restaurant had underestimated their number of Memorial Day customers and how they dealt with it. The one thing I didn't find comical was the price for such a meager amount of food!
There may be a time when I go to another Cracker Barrel, but it won't be this one.

It was unusually loud in the restaurant

2  Thank richansen53