“Great Base in Salt Lake”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City / West Valley City
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in West Valley City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Terrific service and convenient location for work or play in Salt Lake City. Very near airport and easy access to freeways leading to downtown or the mountains for skiing. Rooms are virtual studio apartments with living, sleeping (king bed), cooking and work areas. Full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and they will even give you a cooktop if you wish. Breakfast and a nice 'hip' lounge area in the entry with an out door fire pit.

Pet friendly and lots of room for fido to find a place to go. Located in an office park area with lots of grass and park like settings. Staff is terrific and the place is extremely well serviced. Part of the Hilton chain, so gets HHonors points. Only issue is to book early since it is getting discovered and often has groups visiting the various businesses in the vicinity. For a working professional it is near nirvana. I just wish they had more locations in the Far West.

Room Tip: I often travel with a pet, so rooms for them are ground floor near an exit, but I haven't heard...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
SLCWVManager, Public Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City / West Valley City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear somaguy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate all of your kind words, and your thorogh review of our property. We hope if you decide to come and stay with us again you will be able to bring your pet with you, we love to accomodate our guest with pets. We hope you will be back to visit us again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

Home2 Suites Salt Lake City / West Valley City

There are newer reviews for Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City / West Valley City

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a nice, clean property with very friendly staff. If you are staying an extended length, the kitchenette in the room would be extremely handy. There is a fridge, dishwasher and microwave. All the dishes and silverware are also present with a coffeemaker as well. There is not a lot in the very immediate area-not walking distance to restaurants, etc. but easily drive-able. I'd stay here again.

Dear Lauralisa C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words, and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We are in a fairly new area, and we hope within the next few years there will be more dining options nearby for our guests. If you are ever back in the Salt Lake City area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Everything is amazing and the staff are wonderful. Best hotel I've ever stayed in. The room had a dishwasher and a full set of dishes, as well as a garbage disposal. I didn't get a chance to use the pool, unfortunately. Breakfast had almost anything you could want. Will stay there again if I need a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ashley F,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope on your next visit with us, that you will be able to enjoy the pool! Thank you for the kind words, and we hope you will be back to stay with us soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I encountered zero issues, so that means everything was just perfect. Great customer service and a very, very comfortable stay. The rooms supplied a full kitchen with all the amenities. The bathroom was clean felt fresh. I would recommend for all travelers.

Dear Michelle P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate all of your kind words, and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Home2 Suites. We hope we will see you again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable with excellent amenities. The view is spectacular, looking towards snow capped mountains in spring time. I was on a business trip so the company policy dictated where to stay but I would come on my own if I traveled here again. Well worth it!

Dear Steven K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so lucky to be in a place that offers such a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well. We are lucky that your company paired you with us, and we hope to see again on your next trip to the Salt Lake City area.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Home2 Suites in West Valley for almost 4 weeks in April/May 2014. I first thought the hotel was too far out from downtown SLC, but my drive during rush hour averaged only 17 to 18 minutes. Good restaurants were only a short drive away and the hotel was in a nice business park bordering a golf course and concrete hiking trails. The rooms were very spacious and updated with electronic and technological advancements. However, the biggest pluses were the hospitality of the staff. Teresa, the Sales Manager was extremely friendly and assisted me thoroughly during my stay. Also, many thanks go to Lu Ann the Front Desk Manager, Ben.... the new trainee who was extremely helpful to my work, and also Linda Carter who runs one of the best housekeeping staffs I've seen in quite awhile. I also got to meet the General Manager and AGM before I left and they too were very nice. I plan to stay there again when I am back for business in 6 months!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kirby B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Wow, what a glowing review! We appreciate all of your kind words. I will be happy to pass along your remarks to the staff, they will be happy to know you thought so highly of them. We are so glad to hear that you will be staying with us again. We look forward to it.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Lots of room to stretch out! The bed was very comfortable, and so was the couch. Great breakfast. There were even enough electrical outlets to plug in all my mobile devices - something you don't find at all hotels.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
SLCWVManager, Public Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City / West Valley City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Judy J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so glad to hear that the room was spacious enough for you to be able to stretch out and relax while you stayed with us. We realize that many of our guests are business travelers, and sometimes require a lot of devices for their work. We are glad we were able to accommodate you in this matter. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Valley City
Embassy Suites by Hilton Salt Lake/West Valley City
Embassy Suites by Hilton Salt La...
#1 of 12 in West Valley City
TownePlace Suites Salt Lake City-West Valley
TownePlace Suites Salt Lake City...
#4 of 12 in West Valley City
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites West Valley City
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites West ...
#3 of 12 in West Valley City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#9 of 12 in West Valley City
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City...
#10 of 75 in Salt Lake City
My Place Hotel-West Valley City
My Place Hotel-West Valley City
#5 of 12 in West Valley City

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City / West Valley City? Share your experiences!