“Very good and enjoyable”
Review of Myung GA

Myung GA
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Had a co-worker from Korea working with me and he wanted a taste of home. We went here and he talked with them in Korean and not sure what was said, but when our order arrived all of it was very tasty, and filling. He enjoyed the food and told me it was just like home to him. I have been back a couple of times ordering off the menu, (wish I knew what he had ordered haven't been able to find that and it was good!). If you are looking for something different give this place a try and you will not be disappointed.
The Good: the flavors of all the food in combination
The Bad: ate it all there and didn't have any left overs
The Ugly: nothing worth noting
On the scuba bubble scale I give this place 7 out of 10 bubbles

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went to the new Myung Ga again, which is recently relocated to Decker Lake Dr. It used to be expensive but pretty good. Right now, the environment is a bit better and seating is more comfortable. But the food is no longer that great. Noodles are particularly unattractive. Perhaps, they have used some dated materials, which made me unconformable.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

So this is Korean well …..I like It. This is a first so a comparison I cannot do, what I can do is let you know the food is fresh, with good taste, spice is there but not over the top. I got the ever popular Combo ribs Tofu soup and pickled Veggies. Got the combo soup as well. The ribs well when this Boy from Chicago hears ribs my taste buds go into fighting mode as to which one is the best. Rib fans are very dedicated and to that I respect and like politics do not argue. You like what you like. These where done nicely. Cut thin cooked perfectly taste of garlic and Asian flare. Soup broth was tasty not salty and good. Having big hearty chunks of tofu and meat…. asked for an egg but that was over looked in my order and could not enjoy it since I ordered take out for work. The pickled veggies good as well heat but not too much heat. All in all I would say order up and enjoy. Only thing I can say in comparison these dishes are a little bit on the pricey side for a one off restaurant of this style. To bad I could not enjoy some warm Sake I would not have cared about the bill….NEXT time!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Portion is limited. Food is good, but a bit on the pricy side. The seats were in a bad shape last time we tried. Myung GA is clearly one of the best Korean restaurants in Salt Lake.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I've had Korean food in Chicago, LA, and Washington DC. All those cities had a large population of Koreans supporting good Korean restaurants. Utah has very few Koreans and Salt Lake City is a veritable culinary wasteland. There really are very few good restaurants here. The best chefs are all in Park City. So, when this place opened up, I was delighted. Genuine Korean food in the heart of Utah. And it ain't the watered down stuff they serve to non-Koreans. This stuff is meant for Koreans and that means the meat is fatty (because Koreans like it that way) and the soup is boiling hot. If you want genuine Korean food that's comparable to anything in LA or Chicago, this place is it. Yeah, they took over a cheesy building that used to a house a restaurant chain, so it doesn't look "authentic" but when the tofu soup comes out boiling with an egg in it, you know it's real. I love this place. If you don't know what to order, try their combo meal with tofu soup and short ribs. It's #13 on the menu. And when they ask you what kind of soup you want, just say "combination".

1  Thank Phloidee