“Outstanding!”

El Paisa Grill
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Authentic Mexican food and MOLCAJETE Supreme, it is what we specialize in. We are a sit down restaurant that offers live entertainment on weekends and now we have included a Sports Bar & Tequila - Cantina area which offers a large variety of tequila. We are the largest Tequila Bar in the Valley! We have a wonderful family atmosphere, customers of all ages welcome! Founded in 1999, El Paisa Grill was established in 1999 by the Orozco Family from Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico. Our delicious recipes have been passed down from generation to generation, bringing the best Mexican food and entertainment to Utah. We have shared this authentic meals with you ever since the opening, 12 years of business says it all! El Paisa Grill is a fun place to celebrate with family and friends.
Salt Lake City, UT
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My usual Mexican Restaurant is closed on Sunday, so my wife and I decided to check out El Paisa Grill. First of all - first impression. nice decor and atmosphere. The place looked very clean. I was suprised by the crowd for middle of the afternoon on Sunday. I had an idea that the food would be good as my wife and I were the only non-hispanics in the palce. The menu. all of the usual suspects are there, but this large menu offers items that I have never seen on a menu at a Mexican restaurant in Utah or in Texas. There were lots of seafood choices. For this first visit, my wife and I both stuck to items we were familiar with. I figured if they could do the "basic" well, then everything else would be great. My wife had a steak chimiichanga and I had the chili rellenos. Both were excellent and the portions were large. The restaurent specializes in food cooked and served in very large molcajetes. I will definitely be trying one of those on my next visit. There definitely will be a next visit..

• Visited August 2014

“WOW!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is the most delicious Mexican food that I have ever had! I cannot wait to go back again! We are already planning another dinner there. The only thing is the music is too loud, would be nice if volume turned down quite a bit.

Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful and very tasty”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

So I ordered the crane asada and it was delicious. Since it was the closes restaurant to the hilton but. Didn't expect to see live music. The gentlemen singing had a really good voice. The only thing I can complain about was that once we ran out of our drinks we didn't get a refill until we got up and asked for one. Other than that everything including the atmosphere was good. I do think the restaurant was a little out dated but not sure if it was decorated as such on purpose.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Alia G
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Not your usual Mexical restaurant”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is a place I love to return to..large area,booths and tables, stage for performing. moicajete excellent..will easily serve 3 people so we usually have it for lunch the next day at home,good margaritas,outdoor dining with mariaches...good service better if not on weekend...excellent guacamole and a good selection of mexican dishes...guess you could call this TexMex

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Elaine O
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real deal tacos”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great good, especially the authentic taco bar available on weekdays. Tons of variety and great sauces!

Visited September 2013