“GREAT MENUDO, rest is ok or sub par”

Lorena's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 10 Restaurants in Woods Cross
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We make menudo at home and are pretty good at it. This is top 5 Menudo we have had, it is a bit more spicy without adding the dried red peppers than usual, we got it take out as we were staying next door. The portion size was a bit small and there could have been more hominy, that said the flavor was spot on full of flavor.

The rest of the meal except the salsa for the chips was not so good. The quesadilla was VERY POOR, way too much cheese and bland. The chilli rellano was obviously frozen, the tamale was good, the taco was bad.

There are newer reviews for Lorena's Restaurant

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This place is right next to I-15 but is hard to see. This understated restaurant is nothing to look at but the food is great! Oh but that's not all. The prices are 1/2 what well-known competitors are charging for the same thing. Three smothered burritos with cheese is my favorite. It's sooooooo good but you will take half of the platter home. It runs $7.50-8! I write this review reluctantly because I don't want this "locals" restaurant to be discovered.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I have visited this place a hundred times I'm never afraid to take friends,relatives etc the service is great the food comes out HOT!!! and FAST!! and the prices are very reasonable the place is always packed and the staff is always moving and taking care of you

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I am only giving this four stars based on their chile verde burritos which I love. Service and the rest of the menu is average. If you like chile verde then this is an excellent place to go.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

We just had dinner at Lorena's and were stunned at how awful the food is! I had chicken fajitas and they had no flavoring, the food was luke warm, and it is created and served like a stale soft-shell taco. It was yucky, bland and a waste of my time and money. My wife ordered sopapillas. Holy cow!! They brought out three deep fried doe "disks" flat and tasteless like they were made weeks earlier. But they were like fat crackers!! Are you serious??? We couldn't get out of there fast enough, never to return! Our servers were very friendly, kind and attentive. It is not their fault the management chooses to formulate menus and meal production schemes at the lowest possible cost to them at the ultimate cost of lost quality and edibility. DO NOT EAT HERE if you like Mexican food. Lorena's is guilty of food "fraud"!