Fan House Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Barnard
See available hotels
Braeside Lodging(Woodstock)
Happy Bear Motel(Killington)
Killington Motel(Killington)
View Hotel
All reviewsfluffy pillowsb bliving roomwoodstock vtsaraballardbathrobesfurniture
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I stayed at the Fan House Inn with my boyfriend for a weekend in August. It was our halfway point between Boston and Burlington where we were headed for a conference. We had the Fireplace Suite which is a lovely room with ensuite bathroom and the Bulgari toiletries were a welcome touch! Sara is a kind, attentive and relaxed hostess who welcomes you into her home as if you are an old friend. Barnard itself is a great little place to stay with its beautiful lake and fully stocked general store and within easy reach of places like Woodstock and Quechee. Dinner at Max’s Tavern at the Barnard Inn is a must! If I’m ever in Vermont again, I’ll definitely stay at the Fan House.

Room Tip: Would recommend the Fireplace Suite.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2011

This is undoubtedly my favorite private establishment in which I've ever stayed, and I travel weekly with a performing arts ensemble. The surroundings, staff, and flair at this little place is simply a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Had a beautiful time! The room was lovely and the owners were very nice.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I stayed at the Fan House in mid September for four nights to attend a jewelry workshop. We awoke each day to a hearty & delicious homemade breakfast complete with coffee, tea and juice and headed out for the day by 9:00am. By 6:00pm we returned from class to be greeted by Sara with a crackling fire, a chilled glass of wine and a nibble before heading out for dinner. I thought for sure I'd died and gone to heaven. Every aspect of the Fan House is lovely, from the structure, to the furniture, the art, and the garden, right down to the dishes and tablecloth! My room was the creme de la' creme (all that was available when I made my reservation), and so worth it, lucky me! All other aspects of the room were wonderful, the sheets , pillows and down comforter, sublime. The icing on the cake was I when I crawled into bed, after another fabulous dinner in a neighboring town, only to look up through the skylight, and see the little dipper! As I departed to head home, I noticed the leaves were just starting to turn a little...it must be stunning now in early October. I can't wait to return to the Fan House, my new favorite.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank artist29494
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We returned to the Fan House for our second trip in as many years. This is a charming B&B within a short (5 minute) walk to Spring Lake and Barnard Center. The rooms are spacious, elegant ,clean and have private baths. Sarah, the owner, is warm and welcoming and serves a delicious and satisfying breakfast. This place is a great find for anyone visiting the Woodstock area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family