“Maple leaf Inn”
Review of Maple Leaf Inn

Maple Leaf Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Barnard B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Delightful setting and very comfortable building. Detail to decorations, snacks, bath supplies all reflects well on inn keepers. Meals were very good. Hospitality was outstanding. Especially nice was the free room for veterans.

Room Tip: if there are all like mine you will enjoy any of them
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night in the Country Garden room in early October. We were greeted by Mike and Nancy and shown around their lovely home. Mike assisted me with our bags. A nice touch considering it was raining. Our room was very nice. Fireplace, sitting area, satellite tv, and spotless and spacious bathroom. The king sized bed was the most comfortable bed of our trip. The sheets were the best we have EVER slept on, and I'm not exaggerating. Three course breakfast in the morning was a masterpiece. We had blueberry scones to start followed by fresh strawberries and cream and finishing with an egg dish. Delicious. You can choose a table for two or join the small family table of six for conversation. This place has it all, in a quiet and peaceful setting. Great Vermont getaway. We highly recommend and hope to return.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Maple Leaf Inn should be on everyone's list for THE place to stay in Vermont! The Innkeepers, Mike and Nancy welcome you on arrival and make sure you know where everything is in the inn as well ads make sure that you are comfortably settled in your room. Our stay during the first week of November was a repeat for us and all I can say is that nothing has changed - the hospitality, comfort and the food remain excellent. If you want to just relax this is the place to go. If you want to explore the countryside, stay here. If you want to do active things like hike and ski - stay here. The breakfasts here are wonderful and everything is made from scratch and you will leave the sunny breakfast room totally satisfied. Another thing - Nancy's chocolate cookies are to die for! Needless to say, we loved our last visit as we have loved every visit prior. You can't ask for a more beautiful inn, more pleasant and welcoming innkeepers and the solitude if you just want to veg out and drink in the Vermont experience. We will be back again and again!

Room Tip: We love the first floor room (Country Garden) - no stairs p[lus closer to the cookies!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We often stay at inns and have experienced all types - old and charming, just old and tired, new and soulless, new and fabulous. Maple Leaf Inn and the wonderful hosts Nancy and Mike fall into this last category as they offer a new building, warmly decorated with luxury touches and the best afternoon cookies! The kind of place where it's comfortable and relaxing to curl up in the library and just lose oneself. Highly recommended and especially Sweet Dreams on the top floor with heated bathroom floors and cozy corners and a step stool to reach the top of the bed!

Room Tip: Many rooms have fireplaces - all are quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I have now stayed at the Maple Leaf Inn three times and each of our visits has been absolutely perfect. Nancy and Mike are incredibly gracious hosts and immediately make you feel welcome when you arrive. The rooms are quaint and warm and the breakfast each morning has always been outstanding. We have been here during both the winter and fall and would recommend The Maple Leaf Inn for all seasons. We look forward to coming back soon!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Recently my husband and I took a trip to Vermont to celebrate our anniversary as well as to have some much needed time alone before his deployment to Afghanistan. We decided Vermont is where we wanted to go and were so excited for our first time to a B&B. There was only one negative think I could think of... This was the most beautiful and welcoming place we have ever been to, how could any B&B in the future ever compare? We weren't sure what to expect, but we got perfection. The owners were so friendly and went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. When we left, we shared hugs and left some wonderful memories there. The comfy beds and luxurious sheets, the trinkets left on our pillows, the delicious breakfasts, afternoon tea and wine, and so much more! This is the place you should go if you want to escape and reconnect! Thank you Mike and Nancy!

Room Tip: Sweet Dreams..just perfect! A beutiful view of the front of the yard and cozy!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Mine was an impromptu visit, spur of the moment decision to travel up to Vermont and I only stayed one night. Still, Nancy and Mike made me as welcome as if I was staying the week. They were so kind and thoughtful, asking if I needed anything, making suggestions to make my stay more pleasant, sincere in their desire to see I wanted for nothing. The bedroom was pleasant and comfortable, the bed comfy and sheets so soft, what a delight! Breakfast was delicious, and again, Mike and Nancy made sure I had plenty to eat and that it was all beyond my satisfaction. We had a lovely chat about Vermont, pets, and the various experiences with both. A short stay, to be sure, but I'd stay with them again without hesitation. Absolutely lovely.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnard
506 On The River Inn
Woodstock Inn and Resort
The Woodbridge Inn
The Woodbridge Inn
#8 of 15 in Woodstock

Been to Maple Leaf Inn? Share your experiences!