Maple Leaf Inn
The Shire Woodstock(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$142
Braeside Lodging(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$119
506 On The River Inn(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$153
Sleep Woodstock Motel(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$86
Happy Bear Motel(Killington)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewswinter havenb bsweet dreamsmike nancycookieswine or beerwrap around porchbed and breakfastheated bathroom floorssoft sheetsguest experiencefront porchsoaking tubcountry gardengreat hostseach morningmorning glory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Maple Leaf Inn for our anniversary. This was the third time we celebrated our anniversary with a getaway and we prefer Bed & Breakfast Inns to chain hotels. Of our three experiences with bed & breakfasts, the Maple Leaf was by far the best. Owners Mike & Nancy were exceptionally warm and friendly and went over and above when it came to making us feel at "home"...but without the responsibilities. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This was our first time at rhe Maple

This was our first time at the Maple Leaf Inn. The reviews were right. Nancy is an wonderful cook. The breakfast was amazing her husband Mike was a perfect host. We stayed in Autumn Woods room. The room was clean and accommodating The view outside was so beautiful being set back in the woods was outstanding. They always had a fire ready to go which was great after a long day. They always had a surprise when we came back. The complementary glass of wine or beer and the fresh baked cookies were a special touch They were most gracious always ready to help and made you feel at home. We would definitely recommend this Inn if you were in the area

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Maple Leaf Inn for 3 days, and I cannot say enough good things about our stay. We were given a warm welcome by Nancy and Mike (as well as their 2 adorable dogs) and immediately felt right at home. Nancy's cooking was out of this world, and I wish I had gotten her recipe for pumpkin pancakes! They suggested sights and activities in the area that we might enjoy, and their ideas couldn't have been more perfect! We enjoyed watching the glass blowing at Simon Pierce, an amazing dinner at the Red Rooster, and purchased a few sweets at the King Arthur factory. Nancy and Mike truly made our stay wonderful, and we will be visiting them again soon!

-Amanda and Christopher

Room Tip: We stayed in the Winter Retreat room, which perfectly matched the weather outside. The room was so cozy and comfortable!
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I chose the Maple Leaf Inn for its proximity to the VT Law School. All we wanted was a comfortable place to stay before my husband's court appearance the next morning. We were so pleasantly surprised by the many extra touches. Mike and Nancy are wonderful hosts in every way. We are now looking for reasons to go back, even though we live in VT.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Maple Leaf Inn for a 3-night getaway this past weekend.

Location: The Inn is situated off the road, nestled in the woods, about 8 miles north of Woodstock. The driving directions were perfect. This isn't a location where you would walk anywhere, except in the woods, on the snowmobile trail, or down the driveway. The pictures online are absolutely accurate.

Arrival: We were warmly greeted by Mike & Nancy, and they were especially accomodating about our late arrival (9p). Mike took the time to show us around, including all of the features of our room.

Our Room: Unlike other Inns we've visited, this one was built in 1994 to be an Inn, not a retrofit of an old home. As a result, you have the look & feel of charm and antiquity but the efficiency and creature comforts that modernity brings. For example, our room was furnished with a very new, very comfortable king-sized bed (and the most amazing soft linens), 2 reclining armchairs, an oak dresser, oak TV cabinet, large closet and very large bathroom. The bathroom has a heated floor (perfect on cold winter mornings), and jacuzzi tub/shower. The room also has its own wood-burning fireplace that works amazingly well (serious draw from the chimney flu)...just one match lights a romantic fire. The fireplace is laid for a new fire each day when your room is refreshed and we found more firewood in the parlor as we needed it. The room also had its own temperature control, something I haven't found in any other inn. We were able to keep the room at our desired temperature which made it even more comfortable. There is also plenty of natural light from one of the room's 4 windows (dressed with Hunter-douglas shades).

Amenities: They have an extensive reading and viewing library. The directions by the TV made it very easy to navigate around DirectTV as well as the DVD player in our room. There is also a mini-fridge available completely stocked with various soft drinks and room for you to store whatever you need. There are ice buckets and an ice machine in the dining room, as well as a water cooler and Keurig machine. When I asked to borrow a knife for cheese, Mike handed me a lovely cutting board and cheeseknife...no fuss and nice style.
** Bonus: being in the woods makes cell service challenging. The Inn has free, non-secured WiFi but Mike also installed a signal booster for Verizon customers. I had no trouble with cell service in the Inn as a result.

Our Hosts: Mike and Nancy are wonderful hosts. They're attentive but not intrusive and they make an effort to pay attention to little details. For example, each night they leave a little trinket on your pillow. Trinkets we received: water bottles, ice scraper, mini flashlight, little bottle of maple syrup, mini notepad, and a flashlight pen. I know these are marketing doodads but it's still a nice touch. I also loved that they somehow knew when you appeared downstairs, checked to see if you needed anything but didn't hang around.

The Food: Nancy's breakfasts were amazing!!! Each is 3 courses and all are clearly "made from scratch". I loved the "Egg Poof" and the "Pumpkin pancakes". Nancy also bakes tasty cookies each day and Mike offers you a beer or wine in the afternoon.

Dining Out: Since breakfasts were generous, we often didn't eat lunch until mid-afternoon and therefore didn't eat dinner out while we there. Two places where we really enjoyed our lunch: Bentley's (though I heard we might have been lucky) and Worthy Kitchen (farm to table outstanding and amazing craft beer selection).

Activities: While we there, we snowshoed around the property (and on to the nearby lake) as well as on the Appalachian Mountain Trail which crosses the road about 5 miles south. We also walked around Woodstock and visited antique shops / flea markets in Woodstock and Quechee.

Overall, it was the most relaxing and romantic get-away we've enjoyed. We will definitely come back to this Inn as they perfected the balance of hosting and privacy, charm and convenience and most of all wonderful accomodations,

Room Tip: Our room, Autumn Woods, was over the kitchen. We only heard activity on one morning, and it was only about 15 mins before we would have gotten up anyway.