“This B&B was one of the best I have ever stayed at!”
Review of Maple Leaf Inn

Maple Leaf Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Barnard B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2010

I have stayed at several B&B's around the country and internationally. However, I have never stayed at one that paid more attention to the details then the Maple Leaf Inn did. Our stay started with a warm welcome at the door, followed by Mike taking our bags to our room giving us a detailed tour. I felt like I had just walked in the door to a stay with family. They welcomed us and gave us a grand tour not leaving out a detail. Down to how to use the TV remote, to the wood burning fireplace, to the details about the coffee/tea service, stocked fridge of water and soft drinks, and then he ended with making dinner reservations for us last minute at one of the best restaurants in town. (Barnard Inn) That night we returned to find our bed turned down with sweet gifts left on our pillows. I have never received a gift from any other B&B I've stayed at! We just thought that was the sweetest touch ever. Breakfast the next morning was AMAZING!! I loved being surprised with one treat after another. The service was beyond great! Most of all Nancy and Mike have such great hearts and really love what they do and this truly shows in everything they do!!! To top it all off Nancy handed us a bag of homemade cookies as we left that morning, because she remembered we mentioned the night before that we wish we had room left after dinner to try her cookies! We will never forget Nancy and Mike or the Maple Leaf Inn and we hope to visit again soon!! I will definitely be recommending this B&B to everyone I know!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Maple Leaf Inn

Reviewed 15 June 2010

This is a lovely bed and breakfast run by lovely people. The rooms are spacious and clean and the decor throughout the home is very tasteful. Attention to detail makes this b&b exceptional: the linens are high quality, amenities like snacks and toiletries are plentiful, and the service is outstanding. There is an extensive library of books to borrow, a computer in a common area to print boarding passes for your flight home, and a landline telephone with free long distance to account for the lack of cell phone reception which is inevitable in this part of the country. Nancy and Mike made our stay so comfortable, we can't wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2010

It is so easy to write a good review about the Maple Leaf Inn! We went in Feb 2010 and returned as soon as possible in May 2010. This is such a special place that my boyfriend chose it to propose on our second visit. Nancy & Mike are charming hosts, nothing too much trouble and they pay amazing attention to detail - the inn is immaculate. The home cooked breakfasts are delicious, the cookies yummy and the bed is awesome - fit for a Princess! Our bathroom had a double bath and wet room shower with underfloor heating to keep your toes warm. The location is beautiful, peaceful and close to Woodstock with some great restaurants. There is also a fabulous restaurant and tavern a few mintues from the Inn door. You will enjoy every minute of your stay and we met some couples who return time and time again. Bob & Steph

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2010

This place is one of the best b&b's I've ever stayed at. Nancy and Mike are the nicest innkeepers, and they do everything to try to make your stay as comfortable as possible. All the extras - such as fresh cookies, pillow gifts, a glass of wine, and accommodating almost every request - makes this place stand out beyond the rest. The breakfasts are absolutely delicious! It's a little bit north of Woodstock, so if you're looking for peace and quiet and Vermont hiking and farmlands, this is your place. This is my second visit and I can't wait to go back. My fiancee and I got engaged here the first time it was so romantic. This time, we brought my parents and they also loved it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Mike and Nancy go out of their way to make your stay at their beautiful and comfortable inn outstanding. We were relaxed and well taken care of during our stay. They provide many personable touches to your stay while at the same time you enjoy a relaxing quiet get a way. We stayed their on our "baby moon" and enjoyed a relaxing retreat in a modern comfortable inn that exceeded our expectations. Also, breakfast was amazing. We will be back. Thanks Mike and Nancy :)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2010

We were charmed by the hospitality of Nancy and Mike at The Maple Leaf Inn. The breakfasts were superb, including the fact that one of our party had significant dietary restrictions. Barnard is going back in time, well worth the experience.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2010

On a trip to Montreal from Connecticut, my wife and I stayed one night at The Maple Leaf Inn. The Innkeepers (Michael and Nancy) are warm and gracious.

The Inn is immaculate, the beds are extremely comfortable (we even purchased a set of bedsheets) and attention to the smallest of details is evident throughout. We enjoyed the wood-burning fireplace in our room as well as the heated tile floor in our bathroom. Nancy is a passionate cook showed her skills with a remarkable breakfast. (Eggs Mediterranean, freshly baked bread, freshly brewed coffee, etc. The complimentary snack bar is indicative of the Innkeeper's overall generosity!

We are anxiously looking forward to a return trip (hopefully for longer) and thank Michael and Nancy helping to make my wife's birthday weekend extra special!!!

Reese and Suzanne

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnard
506 On The River Inn
Jackson House Inn
Jackson House Inn
#1 of 16 in Woodstock
The Village Inn of Woodstock

Been to Maple Leaf Inn? Share your experiences!