“Great atmoshere and large pizzas”
Review of Ladder 1

Ladder 1
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Barre
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beautiful setting in the town's old fire house it also includes a museum
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Dinner here on a late Friday night. Crowded but not standing in line crowded. Pizzas were big and filling. Good service and great buzz like atmosphere. The wait staff seemed to really enjoy working here.

Sam Hendricks, author Fantasy Football Guidebook

1  Thank Sam_Hendricks_author

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This old restored firehouse is a great place to grab a quick lunch. You must enter to the rear of the building. The food is good and the service was quick and the server friendly. The lobster salad was worth the $$. Be sure to check out the upstairs!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stopped in for lunch on a recent visit and were very impressed. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. The waitress was friendly and even noticed an error in our order and promptly had the kitchen correct it. The fire-baked pizza was amazing. Parking is limited, but many spaces available across the street.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

This place just has a cozy feeling.

We walked in and noticed the several firefighter related memorabilia. We sat in the lounge area and was greeted by a very friendly bartender. She offered me some wine and when I did not care for it she was very helpful in helping me select the perfect glass.

We ate several appetizers and enjoyed them all. The portions were just enough to let the 3 of us sample. We ordered pizza and it was good (We live in Connecticut and, in my opinion, have the best pizza outside of NYC) with a thin crust.

Our server gave us several ideas on area attractions. She also said that around Halloween and Christmas they decorate the place in a very festive way...I will come back if I am in the area.

2  Thank Foodie_Mike1971
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stopped here on a short trip and was very happy we did. We walked in and enjoyed the numerous amount of fire-fighting memorabilia. The bartender waited on us and was very nice to talk to. She gave us suggestions of area activities and was very friendly. We ordered several apps. They were good and perfect portions for the 3 of us to sample.

We ordered the pizza and was surprised how tasty it was. (We live in CT and, in my opinion, have some of the best pizza places outside of NYC)

I would recommend a visit...also our server told us that they do a nice holiday decoration with over a dozen Christmas Trees...

1  Thank Foodie_Mike1971

Been to Ladder 1? Share your experiences!