“We recently had a most enjoyable 3 night stay at Maplecroft.”

Maplecroft Bed And Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Barre B&B and Inns
Sullivan, Maine
“We recently had a most enjoyable 3 night stay at Maplecroft.”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This 1887 Victorian house is inviting, pleasant, clean, comfortable and quiet. Rooms are tastefully decorated. We stayed in the Mary Mackie room with its large well lighted bathroom complete with fluffy towels and Vermont-made soaps. We enjoyed conversing with our
knowledgeable hosts Dan and Yasunari. Their West Highland Terrier, Barney, is a very well mannered, friendly dog. Each morning's breakfast was superb--delicious, healthy and sustaining. This location was ideal for taking day trips in the Central Vermont area. We highly recommend Maplecroft and hope to return soon.
Their website is very well prepared and complete.
Eleanor and Clint from Downeast Maine

Room Tip: This room is on the back side and very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ebjohnson1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My wife & I stayed in the George Mackey room after visiting Norwich University with our son Alex. Dan was extremely welcoming, hospitable & very knowledgeable about the home & the town of Barre. He even recommended a restaurant within walking distance of the B&B. Barney was a perfect gentleman during our stay & Yasunari's breakfast was not only delicious but it was organic & healthy. Dan, Barney & Yasunari, thank you for making our 1st trip to VT a great one; we highly recommend Maplecroft B&B to everyone & look forward to seeing all of you again this fall!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Raymond, New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My girlfriend & I spent St. Patrcks day weekend in celebration of my birthday in the Tower Room. Dan, Yasunari & Barney were wonderful hosts. The ambience was great, rooms and bath were spotless & the hospitality we amazing. We will definitely be back this fall when we come up again for another photographic trip.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phillip A
Connecticut
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Maplecroft Bed and Breakfast over St. Patrick's Day weekend and had a wonderful experience. We were warmly welcomed and got to meet handsome Barney, a very well-behaved West Highland Terrier. We stayed in the Mary Mackie room, which was lovely and quiet through the night. The street is close enough to the downtown to be convenient and quiet enough to be comfortable to sleep in.

The breakfast was a great start to the day, the centerpiece being a fluffy frittata loaded with vegetables. It was accompanied by sweet potatoes, a fresh fruit salad, brown bread, and blueberry muffins, with chicken sausage for meat lovers. Fresh juice, pots of tea, and coffee rounded out breakfast, filling us up for a day's adventuring.

We will go back to Maplecroft the next time we head to Vermont!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My husband and I have been to many B & Bs over the last 20 years, so I feel qualified to rate them. We stayed in the George Mackie room, which was beautifully furnished and had an amazing bed. We loved listening to Yasunari's piano playing in the evening, the breakfast conversation with interesting other travelers was lively the following morning and Barre is a charming little town. I wish we could have stayed longer. Although I don't think it's handicapped accessible, I was hobbling on a broken foot without much problem. And their dog is cute.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
daphne0904
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed in the Robert Burns suite, which suited our family of 4 well. Our children stayed in the bedroom and the bed was very comfortable. My husband & I stayed on the pull-out sofa in the living area which was, as you would expect, not overly comfortable. It was nice for us to be able to hang out in the living area, after the children went to sleep, though, so it was well worth it. The toiletries were wonderful & made me feel pampered (all lavender scented & organic). Yasunari cooked a wonderful breakfast - we all went back for seconds. The other guests were lovely. Dan was very friendly and made us feel comfortable, which is not always easy with 2 young children in a B&B. Barney was a highlight & we spent most of the trip home talking about adopting a dog just like him! We would certainly return.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Chciago
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I had the recent pleasure of staying here and I was in the Tower room. What a great room! Perfect for one or two people. It is well lit and although it has a shared bath, it is right across the hall. I thoroughly enjoyed the two hosts and found them to be accommodating as well as cooking up an excellent breakfast. The rate they charge is very fair for that area. You might experience some noise from the busy street out front, but I did not find that to be a hassle. Although some of the houses in the surrounding area look to be a bit foreboding, the neighborhood is actually nice and safe. No frills as far as a spa or workout area.

Room Tip: Every room is a good one
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
maplecroft, Owner at Maplecroft Bed And Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Thank you for your review. One correction. We have no shared bathroom. All of our guest bathrooms are private. I hope you didn't share it with someone else.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barre
Comfort Inn at Maplewood
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterbury Stowe
Firehouse Inn
Firehouse Inn
#2 of 4 in Barre

Been to Maplecroft Bed And Breakfast? Share your experiences!