“Yummm”

Cornerstone Pub & Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Barre
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Barre, Vermont
“Yummm”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We arrived early on a Friday evening, and were seated after a very short wait. From the excellent bloody mary mixed with just the right amount of spice to my shepherd's pie my experience was excellent. Service was spot on. If you are looking for a great place to eat in Barre, look no farther than the Cornerstone.

• Visited November 2013

Woodstock, New York
“Glad to see it's still open”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I visit Barre at least once each year at Thanksgiving time. I love to take my hosts to a post-Thanksgiving dinner and it's been a challenge to find a restaurant in Barre that we all enjoy. Last year (2112) the whole gang went to the Cornerstone for the first time and we were very happy to discover the good food and friendly, accommodating service. Yes, we had to wait for a table, but that's a good thing, yes? It indicates that the town supports the business, and I am happy to see that they are still in Barre. . .unlike other restaurants we have frequented in the past. It is a bit loud for intimate conversation, but it's a lot of fun to see all kinds of folks enjoying themselves. . .and the food, of course.

• Visited December 2012
Waitsfield, Vermont
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This restaurant is a little gem, one I didn't expect to find in Barre. The food was good, nicely presented, with friendly servers. The menu has some unexpected selections. I had the shrimp with grits. Wow! It was terrific! I first came upon this restaurant while in Barre visiting the jewelry store. After my first meal there I was eager to go back. I went back today, one week later and it was as good as the first time. I'll definitely go back!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank maw42vt
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful dinner”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Show up early, gets super crowded. We stopped here on recommendation. Tons of cool beer choices. The pork shank and mac n cheese was super good! A little loud so don't expect a romantic quiet dinner. Roast chicken was ok....but onion soup was spectacular. Parking is hard to come by.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Carrie L
Cleveland, Ohio
“Its a popular place”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is a clearly popular place as we went there on a Saturday night and had to wait a half hour for a table. The bar area is separated from some but not all of the dining areas. There i a nice selection of local beers, and we tried several, which were quite good. Service was also quite good and friendly. However, we were not overly impressed with the food. the clam chowder was somewhat better than average, but still too thick, and hiding the clam taste. The maple baked beans, while you could taste the maple flavor, were undercooked and the sauce too thin. The cornbread was tasteless. The southern-rubbed ribs were somewhat fattier than usual and also pretty tasteless (although very tender). The mac and cheese was also pretty average. The burger (quite good) and fries (excellent) seemed to be the stars. Portions were large.

• Visited October 2013