“monthly night out place”

Quarry Grill and Tavern
Ranked #16 of 40 Restaurants in Barre
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 July 2013

good food good value good service convenient location with easy parking local ales on tap nitely specials

There are newer reviews for Quarry Grill and Tavern

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I really want to like this place. My bride adores the Mac and cheese...and the mudslides. I've had some quite good scallops, fried fish and an interesting take on a Cuban. Nice draft beer selection. This is "A Clean Well Lighted Place" in the sense of The Hemingway story. The staff is friendly and respectful. It is Vermont delightful to dine outside in the summer and pleasantly cozy in winter. But the service is slow, sometimes confused, and it appears that the turn over among servers contributes to that. Friday late afternoon, accompanied by my bride and grandson, we chose to sit on Main Street as Heritage Days geared up. My cast iron chair suddenly gave way (160, honest) and at age 61, I just don't roll like I used to. Bruised but controlled, picked up the broken chair and by then our waitress who who was bringing our order grabbed me another chair and was apologetic. That was it. No check on injuries. No manager. That is for me what keeps this place from just OK to 'this is really nice. ' There is a good vision here, but it needs to be infused with a higher level of staff training and support - nice people - give them the tools...

Reviewed 23 July 2013

It's too bad The Quarry cannot provide a decent meal for a business lunch. I have given it three tries and this visit was the worst yet. It took two waitstaff over an hour, in a half empty restaurant, to provide poor service, and cold mediocre food; a bowl of soup and a sandwich, (that had to be sent back), during business hours for lunch. After watching two tables, who came in after ours, being served, I asked for the manager. I was told by a waitstaff, playing with his phone at the bar, that there was no manager there. A new office building is going up across the street and the Quarry, which cannot turn over a lunch table in an hours time, will never survive with this level of service and food. Go somewhere else, I won't be going back either. It is also overpriced for the quality and service of the food.

3  Thank libvermont
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The food--a burger with fries and a Pepsi®--was fine. But it took more than 25 minutes on a slow Saturday evening to get it. Very little thought goes into the customer's comfort, from two small pieces of bread in the bread basket, to non-stop commercial radio blasting over the patio, to a single napkin for a huge admittedly juicy and delicious burger. I was eager to be on my way.

2  Thank nauta53
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Went for lunch. Had the biggest ceasar salad of my life. Enough for 3 people. Dressing was house made and light which was nice. The decor is dated. The service was OK.