Hollow Inn and Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hilltop Inn(Montpelier)
Capitol Plaza(Montpelier)
View Hotel
Rustic Restaurant and Motel(Northfield Falls)
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesking bedquiet arearoom was largeup to datefriendly greetingdesk persondefinitely stay here againopera housegreat roommini fridgebeds were comfortablesausagecerealpurpose
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Don't stay here!!! The innkeeper was rude. There was an extra charge for a third person in the room even though we still only needed two beds. The "extensive breakfast" the advertise was hard bagels and a waffle maker. Milk and juice at breakfast had been sitting out way too long. No fruit, no proteins. The "fitness center" was a complete joke. Two machines from about 1960 stuffed into a storage room in the basement. The room itself was fairly large, but dirty. The key only worked after several minutes of jiggling the lock around. Light bulbs were missing. The TV remote didn't work. The wifi didn't work. The air conditioner started shrieking in the middle of the night and we had it shut it off to make it stop, which made the room too hot to sleep in. It's pretty run down and creepy. I wouldn't have stayed there if my husband hadn't been with me, even though I was traveling with another adult, too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KB2187
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The rooms are truly massive. The linen and bed were good. Plentiful scalding hot water. I liked the setting of the property. Wi-fi speed was fantastic. Overall, excellent value for money.
HOWEVER, there was noise from other rooms. I think the walls are quite thin and there are interleading doors that worsen the problem. I think if you had noisy neighbours it would be an issue.
There was a smell of smoking in the bathroom, but the room was fine
They advertise an extensive buffet breakfast. Well, bagel and waffles, NO fruit. That was it! I'm not complaining though, because something is better than nothing, and at the price if there was NO breakfast that would be fine. But to call it extensive is misleading.
OVERALL a good stay. I would come here again.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms may be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank GwilymHowes
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Hard to describe this place, I'd say if you're staying for more than a night (maybe two) look elsewhere whereas if you're just staying the night as we did it does the job.
We were on our way to Montreal but had to start late so decided to break up the drive and stay in VT.
The rooms are HUGE and they are fairly clean but have a bit of a musty smell to them (not overbearing but if you're sensitive definitely stay away) we got used to it after like 10 minutes.
We didn't shower but sink and toilet were fine.
Beds seemed a little dirty on top but sheets inside were clean and they were comfy.
Tv was fairly new. Breakfast is free but only ran til 9:30 even though it was the weekend so we missed it.
So I'd say if you're on a budget and just staying for a night go for it, if you are willing to spend a bit more or want to stay longer go somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kelly P
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed this past winter, and would stay again. Lovely large room, plenty of hot water and clean towels, large flat screen tv with cable, and wifi. The continental breakfast is better than many of the hotel chains I've stayed at. There can be some noise here when full; ask for an upstairs room if this is a problem for you. There are also some maintenance issues, but nothing really concerned me. My door locked and I felt safe. It was very cold out, and there was a space heater that heated the room well. If you are looking for good value in the Barre area this is worth a try.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank VTyankee
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Our room was musty and smelled bad. Lamps were missing bulbs. The door wouldn't lock properly so when we went out at night we packed our stuff and put it back in the car for safekeeping.
DIdn't dare to get into the bed so we slept on top of the covers. Avoid this place.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family